Tracker rear axles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2000, 01:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tracker rear axles

Would it be a good idea to wedge a tracker rear axle under a Sami when doing a spring over? I know they are 4 inches wider than Samis, but front wheel spacers would fix half that. What would some of the downsides be to this? Are lockers available for trackers? I think getting a wrecked tracker would be easier and cheaper than finding 2 front diffs. Plus I don't think I'd feel confident cutting a diff out of an axle like was done recently. What does everyone think?

Troy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2000, 06:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tracker rear axles

the samuria locker will fit in the tracker rear 3rd member. i don't know if they sell one specifically for the tracker or not. that is what we did when we used the tracker rear end. also if you arent' confident about cutting the 3rd member out brent at trail tough will do it for you for $150 if you supply the parts. that is a pretty sweet deal. 4 inches wider is quite a bit. but i suppose it would work. another problem might be that the tracker 3rd is centered and you may have to get some special driveshaft which would cost you more then $150. something to think about.
but. .. . if you can weld and have some patience you could do the hybrid rear end. ours works great. did some heavy duty wheeling with no problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode