Revolvers or missing links? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2000, 01:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Revolvers or missing links?

Hey I have been comparing missing link systems to the revolvers(http://www.izook.com/tech/revolver/dcrevolver.htm)? Anyone else heard of these? Supposedely on they are more "streetable" then the missing link.
Thanks for info.

Cody Dahl(kid zuk)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2000, 06:14 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Revolvers or missing links?

I just converted from the calmini 5" shackle reverse to SPOA with missing links and was expecting to loose my ride quality. I was suprised when I drove it after the conversion, the ride was just as nice. If done correctly, the SPOA is very streetable, and using missing links allows you to use longer springs which make the ride very cushy.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2000, 12:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I guess I feel "streetability" claims are probably more related to a manufacturer's tolerance for risk than any real qualitative analysis. We don't advise use of the our Missing Links for daily drivers for one simple reason... LIABILITY. I will say that I drive with Mlinks on my vehicles and have for many years now, as well, we have many other customers that do the same without any problems. How one chooses to drive their own vehicle is up to them though so we advise on the side of caution.

I might also add that we saw a set of Revolvers in Las Cruces on one of the ASA staff member's vehicles. We both were playing around with our suspensions on a ramp since I had recently installed the coils in back and he the Revolvers. When he backed up the ramp, the Revolvers did not open up at all (he only had them on the rears). Big money for that kinda disappointment.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2000, 12:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, that is definetely a large chunk of change for them not to work properley. I recently did a little bumper damage(driver caused) out testing my new lift springs passed down to me from a couple of guys from the Gad Zuks of Washington. Anyways i ended up with a tin can aka my bumper pushed up to my right front tire, even bent the frame mount, quick jerk with a tow strap on a tree pulled it out but nevertheless im going to get a new bumper. To make a long story short I was planning on getting your bumper, just because i dont like tube bumpers. Anyways, the reason for leaning toward the revolvers was they mount right up to my shackle mounts and use stock springs, but if you have a better suggestion. Also whats shipping on your bumper?

Thanks a ton,
Cody Dahl(CodeZuke)
use to be kidzuk

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2000, 07:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

kidzuk, for the cost of the revolvers, you can get missing links (which mount to the stock hangers) and new longer springs. Dont know much about the revolvers though, only what I've read here. Let us know what you decide

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2000, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What some folks miss is that the benefit of going to Mlinks is to get rid of the stock length springs. Longer springs flex better and ride better. The Mlinks are an easy way to not only increase articulation with the double jointed shackle, they also GREATLY improve flex over something like the Revolvers BECAUSE they allow longer springs to be used. Ride is much better too.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2000, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Revolvers........(just have to poke my nose in here, sorry[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]).....great concept, but the price................? Man, I could buy a whole Samurai for what they want for a set of those things........seriously!

The missing links work well enough, you can buy them a lot cheaper or if you have the skill you can make them. 3/4 elliptical is cheap and fairly easy to do as well, and will net simular results.

Here is a fellow who made his own revolving shackles........try to ignore the wierd way he set up the 3/4E and how the revolving shackles don't sit flush.....[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]......just take heed that it can be done.

For some people money isn't a problem.........must be nice........those people can afford to buy such novel things as Revolvers etc......for the rest of us.......common sense has to prevail.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

jo-jo
'87 Suzuki Samurai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode