tracker rear 3rd member - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 09:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

tracker rear 3rd member

just wanted to let you know that my brother and i found a cheap way to do a gear change in the samurai. we got a recked tracker for the 1.6 engine. also we wanted to use the gears but didn't want to buy another front 3rd memeber so we cut the rear 3rd member out of the tracker and put it in the samurai axle. the axles fit right into the tracker rear gears. it works great. the trick is measuring everything carefully and remeasuring. if you want any info let me know. i will try to help. this is a cheap gear fix if you have a tracker sitting around. for $500 we got a 1.6 30inch tires and the gears to go with it. a pretty good deal. trackers are great. . . . for parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 09:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: tracker rear 3rd member

Even better, the tracker/kick rear 3rds are tough... I got one in my zuk. Run 33's and can bark the tires with no problem in 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd in high range... Never given me a problem yet...
later
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2000, 08:54 AM
mike shannon

if you take a look at trail tough you can see what brent does with the tracker rear ends in the zooks,i just put mine in full size had to extend the drive shaft 2 in.[caution] do not use drive shaft spacers to much angle.i have been running mine for about 6 or 7 thousand miles but i did not hook up the emergency brake cables,they hang down to low.probly going to go with the em. brake on back of t case.but i think you just have to take the offset out of the one side the use the samurai axles and backing plates, but not sure, just have not got around to checking it out. my 2 cents worth. mike

87,88.5 spoa,32.5x11.5 5.12 f&r and the rx7 motor is at the shop hope to get it in soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2000, 08:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

thats the hybrid housing i have. got it from brent. bolts right up to the sammy springs. uses stock sammy axles. it is completely bolt in. got 8.5 inches of lift and still got the stock em. works ok, not great though. run mine every day. probably have 10K on it since i got my housing. tough as nails. cant beat it..
just my .02
later
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode