Couldn't wait to find a Vitara V6 donor, so I bought a new GV Limited! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Couldn\'t wait to find a Vitara V6 donor, so I bought a new GV Limited!

$20,485 for a V6 donor. Seems a little high for a swap into my Sami. *giggle*

This makes the third Zuk I've owned and the second one I've bought brand new. I'm starting to see a trend.

I'm the crazy fool who drove my quite-modified '94 Sam with the Samboree trailer from New York to Moab and back this year. On my return trip, I kept thinking of these three things:

1) I need a bigger motor in this turd
2) I need a tow vehical
3) What is the atomic weight of Argon?

Well, I never figured out the Argon thing, but I did find a solution to the other points. That solution is the Grand Vitara V6.

While I'm paying off the mini-mortage on this thing, it will be my daily driver and tow rig (although a Sami with 7" of lift and 31's towed behind a GV really looks silly). I really can't believe this thing. It's got leather seats, power steering/brakes/locks/windows/mirrors/BJ-giver, CD changer, reclining REAR seats, 16" wheels. Even really cheezy "gold" chrome trim. Far cry from the bare-naked Sami I bought.
Once it's payed off (in 5 years) and the body rusts out (which is around 7 years in New York), the motor will be going into the Sami. The V6 is a 2.5L twin OHC with 155 ponies and 160 ft.lbs. of torque. Not terribly impressive but a far cry from the 1.3L EFI in my Sami. I know I could put in a motor with more HP or torque, but if it ain't got a Suzuki motor in it, IMHO it ain't a Suzuki anymore. I guess you can call me a "purist", which I am.

Which brings me to my real question, who's going to make me a conversion kit? Yoohoo, Steve (Calmini) you reading me?

Anyone else with a GV, feel free to email me to discuss future modifications.

Yankee Tim
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 02:20 PM
monty

Re: Couldn\'t wait to find a Vitara V6 donor, so I bought a new GV Limited!

Why wait , just rip that v6 out now . Don't get me wrong I think those modified suzukis are great but I agree with yankee tim and want to keep it suzuki . Have been thinking about stuffing a suki v6 into my sami for a few weeks but alas thats all I will ever do at this stage . So hope some one gives it a go and lets us know how it went .
Monty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Couldn\'t wait to find a Vitara V6 donor, so I bought a new GV Limited!

there's bound to be some insurance wrecks out there, with the v6, or the 2.0 four. even the 2.0 has 127 hp.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode