East Coast Deisel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

East Coast Deisel

All right, who on the East coast would install a 1.9 VW Turbo D in my 88Zuk... Myrtle Beach, SC

early 88 Zuk, 2" shackle lift, 2" exhaust, 30X9.5 rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 12:39 PM

Re: East Coast Deisel

HEY!? where did you find a 1.9td and how much im very jealous!!! The one I could locate was whopping 2800.00 so I didnt go for that instead i got the 1.6, but I havnt installed it yet because i have a lift to do first. If you have a line on another 1.9td i'll get that too if its a good price. As for who would install it, you should try to do it yourself because itd be you that maintains it. The people at keltec and whomever you buy the kit from should offer tons of help. Let me know what you find and what you know about stray 1.9td in need of a loving home Thanks, Max

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

I'm not lookng for a 1.9TD yet. My Zuk has 130k miles on it, burns no oil, is strong, but I know it can't last forever... Just seeking info for future possibilities...

early 88 Zuk, 2" shackle lift, 2" exhaust, 30X9.5 rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 05:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ofz-
I know exactly what you mean. My 88.5 is a bit weak right now and im thinking about conversions. Unfortunately, the majority of the community is west US, and doesnt make it too practical for us.(im a bit further north in MA.) I checked a local engine shop and they would not touch it unless it was a factory replacement 1.3.I have heard of some real good guys in NH who can do wonders on a Zuk. there was also some talk of a shop in upstate NY- but no word since.Maybe the folks at Spidertrax might know of someone? Theyre midway between us in Jersey. If you hear of any competent places, let me know-Im pulling the zuk out of storage in a month and cant wait to do some mods..

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2' springs,header,K&N,custom ski bumper
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 08:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can do your install. Please contact me directly by clicking on the address below if you are interested.

Regards,
Tim Justice
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode