This weekend I finally got my Doetsch Tech 8407 shocks mounted. I am using Ford shock towers for the front. These towers fit like they were designed for the Suzuki. The mounting surface on the towers sits flat on the frame, yet the angle is just right so the rest of the tower goes up the inner fender well right to the top.
Removing the old shock towers requires a lot of grinding. It's kind of a pain to get the old one completely off because you have to have to cut in beside the welds and chisel the back of the shock tower off the frame, then grind the rest smooth.
Tack welded into place.
Chopping the bottom of the towers off at an angle so they don't hang down.
Lower shock mounts
Rear shocks mounted
Drilling drive shaft flange for Suzuki shaft. Unfortunately the front drive shaft I made using Suzuki u-joints and flanges won't work too good because the u-joint at the t-case is MAXED OUT on travel while sitting on level ground.
I wrapped some electrical tape around a drive shaft spacer so it would center it self in the Toyota flange. The toyota flange center is just a bit bigger than the Suzuki's.