Plz Help - Location of Gear Oil Holes in Suzuki??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 06:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Plz Help - Location of Gear Oil Holes in Suzuki???

I have a suzuki sierra 1989

...and only half a manual book. I can't seem to figure out from the included diagram where the Gear/Transmission oil level check hole and filling holes are? are they underneath the car or what? can someone point me in the right direction?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tegan. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 06:23 AM

Re: Plz Help - Location of Gear Oil Holes in Suzuki???

Please fill out your information. Someone local could be able to help you out. Your tranny should have one large drain plug bolt on the bottom. On the side of the transmission, there is another large bolt identical to the one on the bottom of the tranny, this is the fill plug. Next to that fill plug is a smaller bolt which is the level check plug. When you unscrew this bolt fluid should come pouring out. If not your low on tranny fluid. Go to your local auto parts store and get a haynes manual, or look on ebay.

Kamauzki [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 06:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Plz Help - Location of Gear Oil Holes in Suzuki???

I live in Broken Hill, Australia.
what does the transmission look like? can I see it above, or will I have to go under the car? and, also, say the transmission is low on 'fluid', do I jsut fill it up with regualr oil, or should I buy some special manual oil? the manual says something about "use SSE 90, unless it is 15 degrees, then use 75-80W". I have never had a manual car before and have no idea what it is on about...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 10:45 AM

Re: Plz Help - Location of Gear Oil Holes in Suzuk

Do not use regular oil..

the oil you are wanting is Gear oil.

How cold does it get there in AU ?

when you go to the autoparts store just ask them where the gear oil is, and you will see the oil ratings that are mentioned in your book.

I am running 75-80W Mobil 1 gear oil in my diffs and t-case and tranny.

Yes you will need to go underneath your rig to check the t-case and tranny.

the filler/level check bolt for the tranny is usually on the back side (what in the USA is the passenger side) not sure if they have drivers side on the right or left there. but it will be towards the right side of your rig (looking at your rig from the back)

the filler for the t-case is on the left side.

if you have a friend who is a mechanic or a family friend that works on cars and stuff, you could have them help you work on your rig at first.

ask away if you have any more questions, and we will be more than happy to help in any way we can,

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode