Rocky Mountain/Plains States People Read This - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 02:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rocky Mountain/Plains States People Read This

Hey let's get some planning even if its not a formal get together, and meet greet then wheel in God's Country. Colorado offers too much for us not to get together and have a fun family time for all....so whatya say?

Buena Vista? Sometime in July or August?

Lets get the ball rolling so lets get some input....maybe even some vendor action...I will pony up some goods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 08:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rocky Mountain/Plains States People Read This

I'd be there in August. Whats there to wheel in the Vista??
Andy
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 08:46 AM

Ive been over a good portion of the Buena Vista area. Lots of good stuff down there. Old Chinamans Gulch, Iron Chest, (New) Carnage Gulch, Mt. Antero.

And if you dont mind a little drive, you can get to Red Cone, Wheeler Lake and a couple others pretty quick.

hmmm, red cone may be interesting in a SWB [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 08:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Plus the Brand spanking new carnage trail that is a spur of chinamans gulch...and if anyones daring I would run down to penrose to see them get stuck at Independace...All these trail are on 4x4trails.net, so check them out and lets get to planning...Heck maybe we can become the "Pirates of the Rockies" or PRocK or just plain ol POR...we could call it Zukitude 2003....as in suzuki and altitude...so anyone else up for it, come on Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Kansas, nebraska, North and South Dakota, Montana and anyone else whos not afraid of a little heights
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 01:50 PM

Sounds great! August would be better for me (might not have the Sammi ready in July). Either way I'll make it.

Buena Vista is gorgeous!

Another awesome place is Ouray. It does not have the difficult wheeling but is totally beautiful and great for family get-togethers. I attended the full-size jeep Ouray invasion several times and it was a blast.

Anything I can do to help, let me know.

Colorado has a really strong following for jeeps and Land Cruisers, but not much for zuks yet AFAICT.

I would like to see this happen. I'm building my Sammi now and I feel like I'm in a vacuum. There are hardly any other zuks around here to check out and wheel with but tons of other makes. I can wheel most any weekend with local buddies in Cruisers, but it would be nice to wheel with local zuks.
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Paul
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 03:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

might have to hop on the izook locator board...there are alot in colorado...so lets spread the word and pick a date
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 04:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am in Oklahoma and would like to come. Right now my zuk is on jackstands> I am tring to put some yj springs under there. Me and my girl went last summer, but we were
in the car. Maybe now she will ride with me more with the yj springs in
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 05:31 PM

Draven,

I can sympathize with you. My Sammi is also on jackstands awaiting toy axle and YJ conversion.

I have spent far more time wrenching than driving this thing. Can't wait to finish it and start wheeling it again.

Making your own YJ parts or did you get a kit?

Good luck, let us know how it works out for you.

Paul in Colorado

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 09:17 PM

My Toy axles are sitting behind the house right now waiting to be cleaned before I start the swap. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thinking about the weather, late July or early August is probably the best. Yeah, it can be warm during the day, but the nights stay fairly warm too. I went camping up in the Jefferson area in September 3 years ago and the rain turned to snow around 10PM. Not much fun.

Remember that some of the high trails are STILL snowed under. I ran RedCone last year in early July and they had just cleared Webster Pass that morning. Those trails dont close until early October or sometimes even a few weeks later.

But if you guys wanna brave the cold, the first weekend of September is a 3 day weekend, as is the Independence day weekend.

Kevin
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm thinking August 29- Sep 1...thats labor day weekend...nice long weekend with plenty of time to plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode