Weekend wheeling pic ! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Weekend wheeling pic !

We found a new trail this weekend that with a lot of clearing will be sweet . We cleared about 300 yards of downed trees and limbs .We are going back to do more in a few eeks . I apalls me how much trash people leave behind . At the trailhead we picked up 2 huge bags of trash . We will finish picking it up when we go back . On the trail there is a offshoot that oges to the top of asmall mountain that has great view ...new campsite !!! Anyways hers a few pics of the entrance to the trail .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1116813-webzpcreek.jpg (82.2 KB, 147 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Re: Weekend wheeling pic !

pic2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1116815-pcreektrail1web2.jpg (82.8 KB, 123 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Enthusiast

Sweet, that first picture looks bad ass! Is that the sami you bought from CSR? What are the specs?

Scott..

Oh ya more...PICS [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

yup its csrs old rig . I call it crunchy now ! It has 5.12s a 4.89 grs2 and the 1.3 . The only changes since I got it are new motor mounts and power steering .It is spoa and has cj fronts in the rear and zuk rears up front . I am putting together a set of Military wrapped rears as we speak . It flexes good but I bent a leaf pretty bad . I bought this to wheel while I was building my Zuk and the plan was to sell it next spring . But after wheeling it this weekend its a keeper !
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

more pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1116842-zpcreek11web.jpg (80.0 KB, 101 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

last one ...its steep my rear bumper hit on the way up !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1116843-zpcreek8web.jpg (73.8 KB, 99 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
looken good, keep up the good work, and remember that down tree can always make good rti ramps.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Happy_Trails

Nice lookin trail............Is it " private property" ? hope so, otherwise you might of cleared it for nothing. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Yes people are PIGS.. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img].if they can carry it in, they can carry it out !!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

It is an old fire road that hasnt been maintained in years . I checked with the forest service and they were happy that we wanted to clean the trail ! It seems that they are so understaffed that they cant keep all the trails even close to being open . The only thing they asked was to not make new trails . With that said there are so many trails up there we will be clearing the existing ones for years .
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 04:06 PM
zukiman

Awesome pictures! Nice Zuk!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I checked with the forest service and they were happy that we wanted to clean the trail ! It seems that they are so understaffed that they cant keep all the trails even close to being open . The only thing they asked was to not make new trails . With that said there are so many trails up there we will be clearing the existing ones for years .

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish the Forest Serpents out here in California were as accomodating as yours are! If we clear a naturally or illegally blocked road, even an RS-2477 protected road, we get fined or jailed for "maintaining a public road without a permit" and then they give us some B.S. about how the road is supposedly closed to motor vehicles anyway! Hah! The USFS has no right to close ANY road, trail, or other right-of-way that existed prior to 1976, so says the United States Congress. They can only close roads that they created after 1976; any pre-existing trail is a PUBLIC right-of-way.

We have a family friend in Tahoe who was fined by some USFS Rangers for "maintaining a public road without a permit" when he used his tractor to clear a small area of snow along the unplowed road to Echo Lake for another cabinowner whose vehicle had gotten stuck along that road. That cabinowner also happens to be a federal court attorney. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] The funny thing is, they don't give permits to the public to do this. But a permit isn't even needed, because not only is this a PUBLIC right-of-way, but they also have an additional right-of-way since that is their access to their property. But the USFS fights everyone every step of the way. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] This case is now working its way up through the courts, with you-know-who as the defense attorney. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, this is how conflicts with the USFS typically go around here. They bully their way around until somebody finally has the guts to take them to court. Once it looks like they're going to lose, they drop the case and lose that one particular battle. But they continue to try to win through attrition, figuring that with persistence, the public will get tired of the constant fighting and just give up and let the USFS close off everything to everyone but the Sierra Clubbers. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]

Sorry about the rant. Your post just made me want to move to Virginia, or back to West Virginia, where the public still has rights.

-- Geoff Beasley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode