Beadlocked on the street. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Beadlocked on the street.

Hey I heard beadlocks aren't the greatest for street driving
because of pressure, or something like that.

any info would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 01:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Beadlocked on the street.

I have 15 x 10" Marsh Beadlocks on my BFg 35's and drive them on the street from time to time. They do fine, and I didn't even try to have them balanced. I know Chris Robbins also drives his Samurai w/ beadlocks on the street & haven't heard any negative reports from him.

HTH,
Tim J

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 07:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've driven with mine on the street plenty with no trouble. The main thing with beadlocks is to take them to a shop that has experience with beadlocks. Do NOT take them somewhere that hasn't done lots of them. Best place to find this out is by checking with guys in your local 4x4 club on where to go.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 07:57 PM
Addict

Ok Glenn ! Let's hear the Do's and Dont's for instaling Beadlocks. Im looking at installing a set on my Zuki. I have worked in a tire shop,
but I have never installed at set of beadlocks. (dont want to make one of those $$$$ mistakes. =(

Toolmaster
http://sites.netscape.net/tmtoolman/zuki
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 09:11 PM
CSR

I have a set of 15x8" Marsh Racing beadlocks.... mounted them myself in my back yard. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I would recommend taking them to somebody with beadlock experience though. While mine went together fairly painlessly, there is always the potential for disaster when using compressed air. Each of my wheels had a Hazard sticker on them warning of potential injury or death if mounted by untrained persons. So far, highway driving is about all I've done with them. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I haven't had any problems with them. If my Samurai was my daily driver I'd have to have them balanced, but for worn Swampers they're not too bad.

Here's a picture of the wheels...
http://www.geocities.com/zuki_chris/newzuk2.html

They're 15x8" w/2" backspacing.

<font color=green>Happy Trails,</font color=green>
[email protected] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 08:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not the expert, but I watched.

Center the tire on the tire, then start to tighten the bolt in a crisscross pattern. Go light on the torque at first.... like about 15 lbs. Once all the bolts are tightened, put it on the machine and see if it did indded center properly. If so, then go back around in a criss cross pattern and tighten to full torque spec. If its offcenter, start over.

With my 10" wheels and 35x15.50 Swampers by balancing this way, one of the tires needed only one weight to balance perfectly. Two of the others needed only 2-3 weights, the 4th took a little work. I was amazed at how good a job this guy did though. The guy that did mine use to work on a race car cicuit and is known in the Salt Lake valley for being THE beadlock guy (he works at Discount Tire).

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode