tow bar for me - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Mikezukio

tow bar for me

Been asking around for a tow bar for sale an ran across a guy who has one. It's a u-haul I've never seen it but he said it has a chain type binder? Asking 100.00 but we are at 75.00 and I get to see if it will work for me Is this a fair price sight unseen or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 05:44 PM

Re: tow bar for me

That chain type binder is designed to clamp onto a bumper. They havent been practical since about the
late 60's. If your not careful, even with a strong bumper, (which doesn't describe the zuks!) it can tear
the bumper right off the car. They made hitches the same way. (I have several of these)

I think the guy has a boat anchor.

I have 2, but shipping would kill you. Surely someone else near you has picked up a motor home queen
and doesn't want the tow bar.

If not, JC whitney has 'em cheap I think.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 09:54 PM

Ah, motor home queen.

Thats what I should call mine. 90K miles, and almost all of it behind a motor home.
I have a Blue Ox tow bar on mine. It mounts really securely to the frame, and also clamps onto the stock tow eyelet.

Anyway, shipping would make it nuts, and I was just going to use it to mount a hitch onto, and it makes it easy to jack the car up front.

The PO paid a few hundred to buy and install it. I did see a setup go on ebay for $100.00. I would just look local, or wait for a deal on e-bay.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 10:34 PM

Got mine @ Walmart for $99 brand new. It even breaks down to smaller pieces for storage. Fits stock tow points perfect.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 09:02 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Yeah, definitely way too much. I got mine for $20 at a lawn sale, have used it for years and tens of thousands of miles, no problem. I picked up another one someone was throwing away, which was a little lighter but it was fine, gave it to a friend. Look around or advertise locally for one, they usually go cheap used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode