Weber water choke - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 11:05 AM
yammatoot

Weber water choke

When you guys reverse mount the 32/36 Weber carb so that the float bowl is at the rear, how do you get around the clearance problem between the water choke assembly and the PCV valve fitting???
Thanks,
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Weber water choke

I don't remember having that problem, I'll have to check it tonight. I did mine while I was at a trail event so I don't recall what I might have done at the time, other than flipping it around.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 04:13 PM

I dont have any issues with mine since I turned it around.PCV hose will go behind the water choke hoses (best I can remember without looking at it) Have you already tryed turning it around or just thinking about it and asking ??'s before you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

It's no big issue , if the outlets on the choke need to be pointed up or down more to clear it , just loosen the center bolt and rotate the housing to where you need it . If nothing else, put a longer line in the pcv and up to the tee to move the tee higher out of the way . Also, set your float to 1.50" & 1.75" so it won't flood out so easily .
Sarge
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 01:41 PM
yammatoot

Thanks for the replies. My PCV valve sticks straight up from its base connection along the center line of the manifold(close to valve cover), but it contacts the middle of the round water choke housing, and does not allow the carb to seat. Unfortunately, rotating the housing to move the inlet and outlet ports doesnt help since these arent physically in the way. Not sure what differences exist between Samurai('91 model) jeeps in the US and those shipped here to Barbados, but i'm assuming the intake manifold is slightly different. Does your manifold have the smaller of the two intake holes (at carb seat) closer to the valve cover?? The intake ports match the carb outlet ports when the carb is reversed, but the clearance problem wont allow me to run with this setup. Will probably go have to grind away some manifold material to match these ports properly.
Scott
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 11:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I regularly grind out the whole center section of these manifolds to help the Weber flow like it should . I have seen pics of the Euro model manifold , I know now what you are talking about . I think about the only way you can deal with it is to find a pcv that uses a 90* head on it , should be one to match the right thread pitch . Otherwise, you'll have to run a breather vent on the valve cover and just plug the pcv hole in the intake . Hope this helps....
Sarge
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 09:54 AM
yammatoot

Ok, so I'm not going mental--these manifolds are different. Thanks for that! If the pcv is plugged off, would this not cause some problems with crankcase pressure build-up? Right now i've got the valve cover vented to atm. through those mini-filter vents, but does pressure in the crankcase also get vented through here?
On a different note---just ran a cylinder compression test and all are reading low at 135-140psi...i'm beating a dead horse here and will be swapping in the 1.6L 8 valve in the next couple weeks...was wondering what changes in Weber jet sizes need to be made for the larger displacement engine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode