I LOVE Simple Green! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I LOVE Simple Green!

When I bought my Tracker the once red seats were more of an orange...and dirty. I figured the red had just been faded by the sun until today.

I hadn't cleaned the seats from my last mudding trip, so yesterday I pulled all the seats out, hosed/vacced the tub and started pulling the seatcovers off the seats. The only one I removed was the rear bench seatback cover since it's the only one with a zipper. The rest of the covers are held on with hog rings. Since I don't have hog ring pliers, let alone rings, I just did that one cover.

My plan was to get the mud out of them, so I got approval from the wife and started filling the washer with water. I set the washer on "small load", let if fill, added about 1/2cup Simple Green, stuck the cover in, worked it around a bit to get the air bubbles out, and let it sit overnight. When I got up this morning I closed the lid and the washer went to work on gentle cycle (what the wife uses when washing her underwear [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

I couldn't believe how RED the cover was! I thought they were just faded, turns out they were orange from years of ground-in dirt.

Anyway a couple of pics:

The driver's seat...uncleaned

The driver's seat with the rear cover on it as a comparison...

Nothing beats Simple Green! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 04:51 PM

Re: I LOVE Simple Green!

I love the stuff too but the smell gets to me after a while. Also, make sure you don't get it on the paint or on aluminum rims. It wreaks havoc with the finish.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 10:23 PM

Nice ..now to get the hog rings and a plier ! I have used the blue coral cleaner with decent sucess in the past when I didnt want to pull the covers off the seat . 2 or 3 applications and you will be suprised at how well it works . I dont know if it will do as well as the Simple Green though !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Capn, Simple Green smells great. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sammi, I'm trying to get a buddy to dig his pliers out...I know he has some.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 08:17 AM
SPAMurai

it works GREAT for cleaning greasy/oily engines! heat up the motor to operating temp, spray simple green full strength everywhere under the hood, and let it sit about 20-30 minutes. hose it off and you'll be amazed at how clean everything is!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 09:39 PM

However do NOT NOT NOT NOT use it on the dash.

Was cleaning up some old parts to put on ebay (the turn signal/wiper cluster) and the simple green took the white "Decals" right off the stalk (the pictures of the wipers, lights, etc)

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 10:05 PM
HankS

I used it today to clean years of grime off my Samurai. It had probably never been cleaned before. I just shot it on the motor, let the truck heat up a while, then pressure washed it. It's unbelievable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode