Any interest in this Tintop? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 09:58 AM
bord

Any interest in this Tintop?

I have a 1987 Tintop that I bought a few months ago with no title. The engine was bad so I planned to just buy it and part it out. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to ressurect it since tintops are getting pretty scarce but I just don't have the money right now plus I already have one zuk that I'm building up right now. I'm also about to start building my first house so I won't have much extra $$$ for the next few years. The other obstacle is that it doesnt have a title and the wonderful people at the Virginia DMV have made it next to impossible to obtain one since the zuk came out of another state. I'm 99.9% sure its not stolen.

The engine had a bad miss, a headgasket leak, and did smoke a little but I drove it a few miles and everything in the suspension and steering felt very tight. Tranny was quiet and shifted well and the brakes worked fine. I pulled the head and it was warped but I have a good head to put back on it but I can't guarantee the bottom end although it sounded fine and did not knock.

I could fix the rusty places and I have a 1.3 engine w/ 80k miles that runs strong that I could drop into it which is what I would like to do and just use it for a beater rig but I still have the title and $$$ problem.

The body is pretty good but it does have some rust holes in the rear floor and fenderwells but nothing that cant be fixed. The hood is dented up pretty badly but the fenders, doors, rear door, windshield frame, etc are all in good shape.

Well, all that was probably way to much information but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it? I am in the extreme corner of Southwest Virginia about 45 min from Bristol, TN. I would like to sell it like it is with no engine or title if I could. Let me know with there is any itnterest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 10:18 AM

Re: Any interest in this Tintop?

how much would you want?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 10:51 AM
bord

I'm really just looking for offers. I know in some states it is very easy to file for a lost title and get one. I know I could probably make a lot more by just parting it out but I thought I'd see what kind of offers I get on the whole thing first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 11:41 AM

how much do you want?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Every seller has a # in his head... Just throw the # out there... if it isn't what people want to pay then part it out. Title-less vehicles are worth much less, maybe you should carfax it to find out if it is indeed stolen. That .1 percent still allows possibilty. The more info you back it up with the better your chances are of getting the $ you desire.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 01:58 PM
bord

I did a Carfax report before I bought it and it was never stolen according to them. The last record Carfax had was Texas in 1992.

As for the price, $500 would be great but its probably not gonna happen so whats it worth to you?

BTW, Here are pictures:

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 02:05 PM

i could probably do $500 with no motor is the body and frame is in good condition.
does the T case and trans come with it?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 02:17 PM
bord

It is complete with transmission, t-case, axles, etc. 4wd worked good. The block is still in the zuk and I was planning to throw in the used head I have for it. I have all the windows for it but the driver side window regulater was missing. The stock carb was in bad shape so I sold it to someone who was looking for one to rebuild. I gave my buddy the intake manifold but you are welcome to the block and head.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 11:42 AM
bord

BTT
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Keyboard Implanted

PM me if you're going to part it out. I would like the fenders and the front piece and maybe the driver side seat & antenna. I will come with cash this weekend let me know, PM me. Thanks, Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode