MONZUKI still given me problems !!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

MONZUKI still given me problems !!!

howdy,
if you are like me you always find yourself work more at work than on your rig. then when you do get a chance to work on your rig all you do is find things that are broken of problems that need fixed. and fo some reason all you find yourself doing is fixen and fixen and less of wheelen.

but i bring this up now because i got MONZUKI running and purren again today. so of course i needed to test. so i went over to my buddies farm and did alittle wheelen. and every time i wheel there i have a problem with just one trail. it is my favorite trail to hit cause it leads right down into the creek, but as you head down the hill there is this one spot that has a stump in the middle of the trail middle hump. and like always i forget that the stump is there and hit it. the worse part is that the farm lake over flow runs into the driver side of the waller. this stump has given my the 7 gallon tank i have now. but today i found out that the waller is deeper than a month ago and put a big hole in the tank (i.e. i can make a fist and put in it).

so a walked MONZUKI down the hill to the side of the creek. then called my buddies dad to pick us up. so on the way back we talked about options to get her out. and come up with usen a Dawn dishsoap bottle and feeden the gas line into it and bailen wiren it up onto the frame.

we got it up the hill, and i drove it home. and stoped for gas only once, but i got pulled over and the cop looked at my problemed gas tank and let me head on home as he followed me. when he left my house he told me that "i was luckey enough to get the only fourwheelen police officer in the city of sharonville". oh and he wheels a CJ5.

so now i will be pullen another gas tank out of the garage rafters and ordering a shrock tank skid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 11:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: MONZUKI still given me problems !!!

Jimmie, you need to quit pissin off the Old Man upstairs....
Sarge
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 06:39 AM

That's a pretty good story. Sad but good. I'll be gettin a skid from Jim as well!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 08:12 AM

Thats the same reason I put on a new skidplate . A 6 gallon tank sucks! Sorry to hear it Jim ...but repair it better and wheel it some more ! And I know how you feel about wheeling too . I have 5 rigs and only one of them is wheelable ! I will be adding two more to the ready to wheel corral inthe next 30 days or so . lol
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Veteran

Jim,

Ouch, that sucks. Nice work improvising though. The skid will definitely fix it for the future. Here is mine after a CalROCS competition. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1114109-view_img2.jpg (43.8 KB, 1 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
well i put the spare tank in and filled her up. and sarge with the carb totally right and everything working good, i must tell you that she straight flys on road. her engine just wants more and more. and she just wants to keep going, it hard to stop and get out. now i just got to get my skid.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
jim would you like me to order straight from ya or get it from tim at NCO? also i hope you don't mind me painten it grabber green. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Veteran

Go ahead and give Tim a call.

Grabber Green....I'd expect nothing less...hehe [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jim
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
great jim, i will call tim tonite and get it. heck when i get installed i will send ya some pics, cause we all nothing says love like grabber green.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode