Mazda 626 Seat Swap Problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Urai

Mazda 626 Seat Swap Problem

I recently purchased a set of seats out of a 1998 Mazda 626 after reading that the seat mounts are almost identical to the samurais from this site:

http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/tech/seats.htm

It states "The closest match to a Samurai's seat mounts are those found in most Mazdas, but especially the 323, 626 and the Protegé. The rails are similar to Samurai seats and the center to center rail spacing is almost exactly the same."

When the seats arrived I tried to mount them only to find that the rails were a fair amount longer than the stock floor mounting points and were also wider. The distance of the bolts that mount the rails to the seat appear to be similar between my samurai seats and the 626 seats. By stating that the seat mounts are almost identical are they describing the distance between the mounting bolts that mount the tracks to the seat? If this is the case do I just swap the rails from my samurai seats to the 626 seats? Thank you for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Mazda 626 Seat Swap Problem

It sounds like it is the distance between the ounting points for the rails and not the rails themself. so I would unbolt then and try on the sammy rails...hope that helps
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 08:59 PM

I just installed a set of the Mazda seats in my black Zuk I just built and the drivers side went in really quickly. The bolt holes almost lined right up, but I did need to drill a few holes. They were out of an early 80's Mazda. Evidentally the newer models don't fit as well, but I am sure they would fit in a bit better than most other seats out there.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 10:30 PM

Hey,

Mind telling us what model they were out of, and was it really just drill some holes and bolt it in?

What about the pass side?

Thanks,

Alex
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 10:55 PM

Early to mid 90's 626. The drivers seat was easy, but the passengers seat I have not yet installed so I cannot tell you how it will go in.

Sean
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 10:41 AM

I have the Mazda626 seats in my zuk also.

I unbolted the tracks from my zuk seats and bolted them up to the 626 seats .... Drill one size bigger the hole(zuk tracks) that the bolt fits through to bolt up to the bottom of the 626 seat (I hope that makes sense)
So that you can move the tracks a little closer together on the 626 seat and have the tracks still line up with the factory mounting point in the zuk.

By doing this my passenger seat bolted up in the factory location(all 4 bolts) . The driver seat needed two new holes drilled for the track to be bolted to the floor.

Anything is an improvement over factory seat and you will really like these seats when you are done with them ......Does the driver seat have the adjustment knob on the right side of the seat for your back?? If so those are some nice seats.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 11:38 AM
Urai

Thanks for the reply! I will try the rail swap today. The driver’s seat does have an adjustment knob.

The seats are super nice and fit fairly well in the samurai. Any bigger though and the door wouldn’t be able to close (the side bolster is right up against the door when it is closed). I would recommend them to anyone who wants to swap out their stock seats. They are not too expensive either. I won mine off of ebay for $25 dollars and after shipping they only cost me $80. Thanks again for your help.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 01:01 PM

I'll try to take a picture of what mine look like and email them to you .Can't seem to post a picture on here(I know i'm a dummy [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]for not being able to post a picture but I can still email it to you)

You got these seats for 25 each that's really a good price The area I'm my seats went for ALOT more than that, congratulations on the price you paid for them. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Urai

I actually won BOTH of them for $25 a month ago!!! no rips, stains, or any other imperfections. Shipping was kind of pricey though ($55 to ship them across the state!). My cousin also won a pair off ebay and he paid $100 total including shipping! His are out of a 1995 and have some small differences in the seat stiching but I think the rails are the same as mine. If you get around to taking a picture my email is [email protected]
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode