Head Gasket??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Head Gasket???

I own an 88 zuk . I notice that my oil level will rise exactly 3/4 of a quart two weeks after I change it and check it after
running it through the filter. I loose no coolant. What does my zuk take as far as how many quarts?
It also gets very dirty a couple of weeks after I change it. I do know for a fact that the carb dumps fuel. I'm in the process
of getting a new (carb that is). Could the carb be dumping past the cylinder into the pan???
Thanks,
Big Bear Zuk.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 01:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Head Gasket???

I would check your fuel pump to see if the diaphragm is leaking fuel into the oil.It is normal for oil to look dirty right away but not to go up.This is a dangerous situation and can ruin bearings if not taken care of.Your fuel mileage should increase and oil life will lenghthen.

If it gets too deep drive faster
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 02:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The oil level appears to change depending on when you check it. If you check it hot, it will appear higher. The oil expands some and alot is still up in the head. Check it cold or after it has sat for 30 minutes or more. Do you smell gas in the oil? Oil normally gets dirty faster on old engines and gas in the oil will wash all kinds of stuff into the crankcase. A failed fuel pump usually blows oil out of the tube on the back of the pump onto the back of your motor. If the head gasket was gone, you would have coolant and oil together.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 08:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i once had an old datsun that had gas in the oil. i could actually light it on the dipstick. imagine pouring paint thinner in the oil. the film thickness is seriously compromised. if you have this problem, your engine is wearing out very quickly. like the previous post said, i'd look at the fuel pump. maybe even just swap it out if you are not sure. i've heard of engines exploding due to this. that is to say, the stuff ignites, and blows the valve cover and oil pan off. neat.

i prefer to check my oil first thing in the morning before starting, so i don't have to use a rag on the stick. as long as it's on a level surface of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode