homemade z-link - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

homemade z-link

can anyone give me any advice on fabricating my own?Does the stock one need to be lengthened?Where do you find the measurements for the point of bend?Any help would be appreciated.

Drive it like you stole it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 05:27 PM
mike shannon

Re: homemade z-link

when you make the new link, make sure you keep the overall distance the same. on the lower section of the link give it at least 12 in. so it does not hit the spring on a hard twisted up right turn.i just lay the link on a steel welding table mark the overall distance. then i cut the link in 3 pieces the lower one about 12.5 in. the top one about 8 in.,then lay them back on the table with the amount of lift you have. then take your mesurements for your drop section i have some tubing that just slips over the stock solid shafts. i make the center section [4]in. longer on both ends then i cut the center section 4 in. from each end with a v notch so i can bend the ends to match the drop needed. then i drill [4] 1/2 holes in the ends of the center section for plug welds.then i weld up the ends and the notches. next build the gussets for the drop sectins do not go to big on the lower gusset. hope this helps i have built four ,havent had a problem.good luck mike

87,88.5 spoa,32.5x11.5 5.12 f&r and the rx7 motor is at the shop hope to get it in soon.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 09:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: homemade z-link

Reinforce and gusset the heck out of it. I've seen some pretty cheeasy homemade jobs and a couple have bent up on the trail.

It needs to be the exact same length between two parallel lines as the stock drag link.... so you'll need to extend it with the ZigZag.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode