Vent Tube Nozzle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Vent Tube Nozzle

Does anyone have a pic of what this thing looks like. Its a tube that is placed in the carb that helps prevent the zuke from bogging down or hitting a flat spot during acceleration. I would like to try and make one rather than paying the $20 (Canadian).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 12:25 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Vent Tube Nozzle

I don't have a picture, but I do have a new one that was never used. I ordered it to put in a remanufactured stock carb I bought and it already had one installed so I don't currently need it. Costed me about $11(American).

Brown 29
88.5 Samurai Hardtop
87 Samurai Convertible
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am interested. Do you live in Canada or the U.S.? If you live in the U.S. you can send it to me and I will send you the money when I get it. Unfortunately there is no other way of doing it beause there are no C.O.D.'s across borders. If you agree to do it this way tell me your price. If you have a better way of making the transaction mail me directly at; [email protected]

Take care....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2000, 09:32 PM

Everytime I see someone wanting to spend money on this miricle "Vent tube " fix, I've got to put in my 2 cents. If you have ever rebuilt this carb, you would realize that this vent tube is just that, a BOWL VENT TUBE! It is a pollution control part. The vacumn supply for the secondaries is on the opposite side of the cab and the orifices are directly under the roll pin on the little bars that hold your venturi's in. A carb cutaway pic will prove this. This tube was created as a fix to pull all vapor from the rather large bowl vent passage. It is a placebo, and it upsets me that the good ZUKI people of the world are getting bilked for $20 a shot for a $1 part that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the secondaries. If anyone resonds back to this saying opinions to the contrary, please tell me (if you think it works) exacty how a bowl vent would help hesitation, especially since this vent is closed off by the bowl vent solonoid after start-up! Thanks for listening to me rant.

FRANKENZUKI,10 foot tall and bullet proof!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2000, 07:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The vent tube is a Suzuki factory part that does clear up the hesitation and flat spot prevalent in so many vehicles. It does work. It is designed to reduce the air turbulence as it is drawn into the carb. It has nothing to do with emissions. For those who have had the carb problem and installed this tube successfully (of which we have hundreds of customers to prove this), they too would dispute your statements.

If you can find tha part for a buck, I'd gladly let you buy a couple hundred for us and mark it up 100% for you to make some free money while saving us a bundle buying them from Suzuki.... because I guarantee its substantially more expensive to order them from Suzuki. For reference sake, they run $11.97 (not $20).

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode