lift? coilovers? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 11:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

lift? coilovers?

Ok, I'm trying to make up my mind what lift to use. I'm putting 35x1450 tire on my sami. I talked to Trail Tough, and he said they recomend Rancho CJ front springs in the rear, and OME truck srings in the front, with missing link, on my SPOA. I 've been talking to Tim Hardy with Wild West offroad, and he has just about talked me into a coil over suspension. The leafs are about $750, and the coil overs are $1500-$2000. Besides the cost. Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 08:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: lift? coilovers?

Just a bit of side input from the guys who put Missing Links on the map and have been doing them for years... us.

I'd avoid the OME springs with the Mlinks. I've run with this setup for awhile and the OMes do flex great with the Mlinks. They don't hold up though. I have to replace the OMe springs about once a year. This is fine for me since I own the shop. However, if you want to get more than a year out of your spring setup, I'd REALLY recommend going with a set of rear Suzuki Rancho springs up front. This setup will still flex well, but it will last a very long time. The OME springs just don't hold up well with Mlinks up front.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode