Bikini Tops - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Bikini Tops

<font color=purple>From someone who's familiar with both brands, what is the main difference between the Kayline bikini @ $65 and the Bestop bikini @ $35 (other than $30)? Is the Kayline worth the difference and if so, why?</font color=purple>

Brown 29
88.5 Samurai Hardtop
87 Samurai Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 03:15 PM
Old Hand

Re: Bikini Tops

I have both, the Kayline holds up to heat and cold, and the stitching is better. They are worth the investment.

DaveAZ

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 08:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Other thing I like about the Kayline outside of the better construction.... It runs all the way back to the tailgate. The Bestop stops at the targa bar. The Kayline runs over the targa bar about 8" or so which helps keep the rain off your back much better if you get caught in a storm. For those who also run without the targa bars in the Summer as we do, you can drape the kayline over the roll cage and still use it with the targa bar out. The bestop would be worthless for doing this since it has to mount to the targa.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 06:45 PM

My full top is a Kayline, so I don't doubt the quality of the bikini top they produce. Both of my bikini tops are Bestop and they have held up good. I have to disagree about the mounting points for the Bestop bikini top, mine mount to the rollbar not the targa bar. FWIW I've had one of my Bestops for 10 years.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 01:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Have to agree, I have a set of BesTops (duster and bikini) for 6 years and they look brand new. I have a Kayline full top (tinted, roll-up side windows) and it is by far the best made on the market outside of the OEM top, so the Kayline bikini is probably well-made. But the bestop will do and they are a lot cheaper. One thing nice about the bestop is the hard plastic strip which inserts in the top of the windshield. Best thing about them. Real easy to put on.

If it will be on most of the time or if money is of no concern, go Kayline. But if you are like me and the bikini is only used for a little while in the summer, save the bucks and go Bestop.

Yankee Tim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode