USA Weekend Poll - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

USA Weekend Poll

Hello Everyone,
You can also vote on the National Park off-road vehicle ban survey at:http://usaweekend.com
Please vote.

Regards,
Tim J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 09:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: USA Weekend Poll

Everyone: Monday when I left work, approx. 80%+ of those polled voted no on the banning of off-highway vehicles in the national parks. Today it's down to 74%. Only ~9500 people have voted so far-- if the current trend continues, the final figures will not look good for us off-road guys. Please vote-- it does make a difference. DID YOU VOTE???

Regards,
Tim J

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We certainly do need room to travel off-road but National Parks are NOT the place.

National Parks were set up to preserve and protect areas so unique that they are ony found here in the USA. We can not trash them by off-roading when there are suitable places already- BLM land, Nat Rec areas, Nat Forests.

I live at Grand Canyon and outside the park I have access to hundreds of miles of road, trails, and trickier off-road areas too.

Certainly lobby for off-road areas but also lobby for the under funded National Parks.

MB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 12:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

.....you give an inch, they take a mile. It's Reality.
What will you do when they re-label that BLM land "national parks"?

TJ

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 01:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

not to argue with you mud boy, but out east, there is much less open wheelin than out west. I just got back from uwharrie NC. Jbird orgainzed a run on park land. there was no tearing up of anything there. woops, we did sling some mud. it rained all day friday and saturday. i must fully agree with Tim, if you give a inch, they take a mile. Just look at the idiots that support Gun Control. I have friends in Austrailia. The gun confiscation there was the biggest JOKE in the world!!!! Canada is getting just as bad, and the US (unfortunate to say) is following the same stupid ideas and giving a inch when we shouldn't.... I voted against the bull, everyone please do too...
good luck
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree with you mud-boy. but trails must be provided, of varying levels of difficulty for the public to use. if they got too hacked up, the only ones to blame are the users. and, don't get me started on the gun thing. i hate the damned things. look what they've done to your great country.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 09:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Many things have shaped this "Great Country", to include both vehicles and weapons. The flavor of vehicles that I prefer is trucks and in weapons I like guns, any and all types of them. We would not be what we are today without them and Canada would not be what it is today with them. How to put it nicely?Ö.opinions are like rectumsÖ.everybody has one. What bothers me is when a group holding one view tries to force their will on everybody. Just because something is abused or misused by some is no reason to deny me its use. At times I want to walk in pristine unspoiled wilderness areas. Other times I want to drive through areas just as unspoiled and pristine. It may not seem like it to some, but there is still an awful lot of land out there for us all to use, and we have a right to some of it. Oh yeah, and most of the time while Iím out in our wilderness Iíll be carrying a weapon, often a handgun. Not for protection or to shoot game or even for target practice. Iíll carry it simply because I can; Iím an American.

Glen
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 09:50 PM
Old Hand

Gun don't kill.

It's the uneducated idiots holding them.

Sorry..... had to add my $.02.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/jbird88_5/index.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 06:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

not to keep anything going, but tinker and jbird have some very valid points. nough of that though. i don't know now canadas laws are about trails etc, but i do know that here in the us, there are less and less trails every year. trails aren't "provided here" many are on public and private land. each year the government steals more and more land for what they call parks and blm. eventually banning us all together. weather or not it is on park land or public. in some parks there orv areas. NOT ALL parks though. each year, politicians and public officials take "public access" lands and start to declare them park land, or animal refuge areas. it is a crock of bull. they take more and more, so i feel we should not budge a inch. look at the amount of orv areas in parks compared to the square miles of untouchable park lands.... hhummmmm, someone do the math! Not all wheelers are trail wrecking idiots. all it takes in one idiot to ruin the party... Same with guns, it is uneducated idiots to ruin it...
latr
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 01:10 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Anyone who's spent any amount of time in our nation's National Parks can verify that OHV activity is nearly insignificant there. The trails are few & far between and the activity is highly regulated. Many (if not most) National Parks have zero OHV activity allowed currently. While I'm not in favor of CREATING a network of OHV trails in our National Parks, I see no harm in allowing those few areas of legal OHV activity to continue.

And to Paul, you're so far off base on the gun issue it's scary. You have guns in YOUR country. Maybe not handguns, but rifles & shotguns (for now at least). 95% of all convicts nailed for handgun violations say that if all handguns disappeared from earth today, they'd saw off the barrel of a rifle or shotgun - which would provide them with even deadlier weapons BTW. So, why haven't you experienced a rash of sawed-off shotgun crime in Canada? Simple. Your criminal justice system is not the same as ours. We have plenty of laws, we just don't enforce them (think of it this way since you're a Canadian. Why does the NHL have so much trouble with high sticking? Not because it's against the rules, but because it's not penalized consistently). Additional laws are just feel-good legislation created by politicians in an attempt to make themselves look better. Even the landmark 1968 Gun Control Act & Brady Bills have had nearly ZERO impact on crime. And if guns are the problem, why is it that Switzerland doesn't have the same problems as the U.S.? In that country, every man of military age is REQUIRED BY LAW to keep a fully-functional MILITARY SPEC weapon in their home at all times. Why no problem? 'Cause guns don't fire themselves. Why is it that the U.S. has a drunk driving problem (one that claims thousands more lives than gun-related deaths) despite a law almost EXACTLY like the one the U.K. uses to keep drunk driving in check? ENFORCEMENT works, laws by themselves don't. </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode