Clutch (again) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 03:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Clutch (again)

well i just got my other new clutch. the first one i got is screwed. failed as soon as i put it in. pulled tranny (to see if i put the disk in backwards I DIDNT) all looked fine, so i put it in again and now it is glazed. my question is should i get the flywheel resurfaced or not? any other info would be helpfull also.
thanks
brian 87 samurai
8inch lift (because it is sitting on jackstands in my driveway)ha ha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 03:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Clutch (again)

Hey man, does it look like it needs resurfaced??? Dark spots, grooves?? I like to resurface just as a rule of thumb. Have had to do a clutck job with out though. Haven't had problems with them. BUT, (little word with a HUGE meaning) the flywheels were usable when I did not have them resurfaced. Probably would not hurt. I tell you, that is the cheapest 8 inches of lift I have ever heard of. Just wish I could do that and still run my 33's. ha,ha
good luck
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 05:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well the fly doesnt look too bad. i put a cross pattern on it w/ sand paper when i installed it last time and you can still see most of the marks from it . but i dont remember what it looked like after i got it machined. after the clutch was installed before i just drove it around the block a few times. didnt drive it much at all. the only reason i did this was because i heard it may take 30 or so normal takeoffs to seat the clutch right.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 06:26 PM

What brand of clutch did you use first and second time?

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 07:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

first time i used some hy perfection crap or something similar. this one i ordered remanufactured (cause if it goes out i dont want to be out much more dough!) however this reman. looks better than the other one. actually the clutch disk appears to have a noticeable thicker friction surface. press. plate is already cross hatched. guess i will see if it is worth a damn. i got it from carparts.com and a 25% discout which made it better.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 08:16 PM

For as long as I've been working on cars and and trucks (30 years)I've always
had problems with remanufactured parts.The money you save from buying replacements at a discount auto store is just not worth the risk of having to
redue a job because of defective parts.
Everybody seams to have good luck with Centerforce clutches in Zuks and I'm
sure you couldn't go wrong with genuine Sazuki parts.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would not buy a centerforce clutch if it was the last thing onearth I had one and blew it up within the first trip I took. I put a reman in that I did my self and has lasted till now doing the same trails. If you want good Remaned clutches I know of a place in colorado springs that sells wholesale to the pulic . And will ship out of state with no sales tax. The name ic Clutch Service Wholesale in colo spgs the phone number is (719)598-9188

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 11:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

in the past 16 months I have had to install 6 clutches one re-man 4 new all from NAPA. I believed it was because of larger tires, but on the 6 th clutch
I happened on a sammy in the junk yard, ( NAPA was givien me a hard time returning clutches) with a suzuki clutch or what I believe to be, any way it lasted the longest I now have a petroworks clutch, well see how it does.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2000, 02:19 AM

Manray,
Thanks for the info,I was considering using a new Napa clutch in my latest Zook since Napa usally sells good quality parts.I know better now.

rollerskate
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2000, 02:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i am only going to run 235 75 15s sam will only be used here and there (when i want to drive with the top off... no A/C) so if i get a year out of it i will be happy. will use it a bit more during hunting season.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode