2.8 LT in my zuk update - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2000, 11:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2.8 LT in my zuk update

I have bought my moter at a good price and I'm getting ready to start the conversion. The moter is a 2.8lt out of a 84 chevy camero that has had a rebuild I also got the 3 speed Automatic trans for it to. I did all of the measurements and found that I will have to move my transfer case back 3 inches to have enough room. For me this is no problem because I am extending the frame 21 more inches and building a flat bed from the cab back. This will give me a wheel base of 99 inches so that I can camp in the back of my sam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 01:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2.8 LT in my zuk update

Just curious as to why you would stretch your sami and put a flatdeck on it when you can buy one already done?I have one myself and love it but I don't think it would be worth the work to build one.They are rare but if you can find one snag it.I am presently trying to aquire one right now and it comes with an extra mint front clip.Oh yeh I almost forgot I even have a canopy for it so you could stay dry.My box dimensions are 4ftx5ft so it would be tight.

If it gets too deep drive faster
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 02:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

From what I read in a Calmini article that the Samurai long bed version was never imported to the US for sale. And that is why there are not a lot of them around to buy in the US. Calmini had a Samurai long bed version and they were going to do an article a few months back ago on izook.com but somehow it just dissapeared.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I want the wheel base of 99 inches to match a stock charokee which seems to be the best wheel base around.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 09:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best wheelbase for what? I don't understand!

My 83" CJ5 and 81" Zuk are the best for me.......wouldn't even want a 93" CJ7 or YJ/TJ.......too long for me!

jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250

'87 Samurai Stock (for now)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2000, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best wheel base for the obsticles that I have encountered in colorado.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2000, 08:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ZMichaels I did a quick measurement(give or take .5") and my wheelbase is 93.5".If you use sj410 rear springs up front you'll get an inch and I'm sure if your willing to stretch a frame then you can find the right spring and pin location for a rear application.I don't know where your from but most states or countries don't allow for frame mods without a structural engeneering test done.If it's only for the bush thats fine but I still think sticking with a stock setup will work fine.Best of luck with the project and keep us filled in as I was also thinking it would be a good combo but I would opt for a 4 spd auto with really low gears.

If it gets too deep drive faster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode