Do you think this Suzuki Samurai for sale is a shame? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 12:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you think this Suzuki Samurai for sale is a shame?

I am wondering. I was browsing through ebay and saw this Samurai for sale. I do not think if it had only 23,000 miles which is quite low, you would not need to change so many parts or maybe you can. Maybe, it is 123,000 when it turns over. So I am asking your personal opinion about it. The classified is read:

1988 Suzuki Samurai with only 23000 miles. Driven from 1988 to 1991 then parked under a tarp. Not driven again until 3 weeks ago, when it had 1000 dollars worth of work to replace all fluids, tune-up, replace old rubber engine hoses, new exhaust from converter back, new U-Joint to rear diff, new alternator, new engine belts, and other work fully documented. Absolutely no body rust, period. Original soft-top is in great condition even. Blue body, white top. A truly unique find if you want a samurai with essentially 3 years of wear. Clear title. Buyer responsible for pickup. Serious bidders only. No picture available but if there was, it would show a 1988 samurai that looks three years old, paint in top condition, no window scratches, etc, and original tires with plenty of tread left!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 04:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Do you think this Suzuki Samurai for sale is a shame?

Search teem spent 3 months looking for my Sam and found
one just 15 mi north east of my location Oxford Ohio a
1987 Suk with less miles than one in your post. Color
white and A/C for $6000 this vehicle was rejected
because it did not have a hard top.
Total 678 Sam for sale were located price range was
wide from you come get this thing out of my yard to
one listed above asking $6000.
However only 4 were found having hard top and A/C one
in Tenn. $1800 and one in Calif. $1200 and one in Canada
for $600 and one in Ohio for $xxxx which I now own.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 08:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I suppose it's possible that someone could store a low-mileage vehicle for the time period as described in the ad, then call a service to tow it to a shop & pay 1000 bucks to have the service done. If it has 100K+ miles on it, a visual inspection would easily show the signs of wear & tear. But what's the Samurai worth? Only as much as someone's willing to pay for it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tim J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 03:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the replies, I was bored so that is why I wrote it on here. Sorry about that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode