Toyota PS questions(and a little rant...) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Toyota PS questions(and a little rant...)

Okay, I have a few question about the PS steering setup. I purchased a install kit from Rocky Road, and the instructions seem a little lacking. First, is there supposed to be a spacer on the adjusting bolt on the A/C compressor? When I install the compressor in the lower bracket, the ear for the adjusting bolt sits about 3/4" away from the top bracket. I called Rocky Road, but they really couldn't tell me(go figure) Also, the P/S pump and the A/C compressor sit cocked in relation to one another. I call Rocky Road(again) and they said to egg out the mounting holes for the top bracket. It almost looks as if the bracket they send to hold the P/S pump was welded up crooked. Second question: when I installed the steering box, I had to cut some of the A/C condenser bracket off to clear the box. Anybody else have to do this? This "bolt-on" kit ain't exactly what I thought it would be. All this on top of the kit missing some of the bolts I needed. When you live 30 miles from town, it a real pain to have to go get parts that should be included. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Oh, one last question, where do you guys put a P/S cooler? With the A/C condenser and aux. fan, I have NO room. Thanks for any and all replies, and pics would be nice! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Joe Smiga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Re: Toyota PS questions(and a little rant...)

Hmmn, I guess I'm the only person with Toyota PS on their Sammi. Oh well, thanks guys...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 07:44 PM
JCC

I had to do a lot of extra fabricating on my RRO setup also. My bracket lined up pretty good. The bracket for the alternator sit a little crooked though. But so far the belt looks OK. I remove my ac components, cause mine is not an everyday driver, And have yet to order a p/s cooler. It is on my list. I had to buy several more metic nuts/bolts to get everything to work. I also bought several belts to get one that fit and took the rest back. JCC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 07:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Never ran a RRO kit so i couldnt tell ya I fab a bracket to mount Toy IFS P/S onto a 1.3 I dont run the cooler and have never had any probs heres is a few pics of mine, Not that it helps you any

Here is the actual bracket I make
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Roooooooooooockraaaaat... I would buy that mount off you in an instant, it is too sweet, I am running the same pump, how much is the kit?... I never knew...PM me!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:57 PM

Rock I'm with brent on that one. I went to your web site and did not see it. I have been thinking of the whole power steering thing.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 11:04 PM

Yeah...how much.......I need powersteering as well. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I havent sold these in over a yr i would have to find all my templates, again it was something that helped fund the project at the time... When I did sell them they were 85.00 for the brackets only prolem is the lower cradle that I used was from what you would get with a stock toy pump, unfortuanetly I did not do any type of core charge and or core so I ran the local yards out of the cradles and I wasnt paying $145. new from Toy so i dropped the price $14.00 and you have to scrounge the cradle up and weld it to the pivot bracket. The sytem is crude but will allow you to run an IFS pump on your 1.3 can I make up more yes with the above prob mentioned for $70. + sh I didnt put them on my site cause they realy were not hot tickets think I sold maybe 20 total and the sales dropped just as i ran out of x-tra time

Also If you are interested in these I will not be starting them for at least 2 wks at the moment I am backloged with cages that need to go out. And since I am a 1 man part time out of the garage type a guy, I would apreciate your patience.
And also wanted to say thanx to the guys that have been getting stuff on a pretty normal basis, and for your comments about the stuff I have been bring out.. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Can't Get Enough

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I will not be starting them for at least 2 wks at the moment I am backloged with cages that need to go out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh the time crunch.......I know this all too well [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Ya it kinda gives you that warm and someone just puked on me fuzzy feeling LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode