1.6 FI (need engine) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2000, 05:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

1.6 FI (need engine)

What are the implications of putting a 1.6 into a 91 Sammy that's fuel injected? My engine's dead, and I either need to replace it (preffered) or get rid of my Sammy, as I'm possibly on my way to a new job, and need something running to get settled into the new job/locale. I have had a few replies to a previous post (thanks!) but nothing that seems workable yet. I'm considering either putting a 1.3 into it, or a 1.6, but would probably go with the most economical solution (or possibly even rebuild mine I suppose, now that it's finally completely dead) But as seems to be my luck (kind of a weird combination of good and bad - karmic maybe), a dead car and a job offer, and 800 mile move, come all in the same week. So time, timing and econmy are all factors. Anyway, If anyone has any possible engines, let me know.
Thanks again
Shawn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2000, 05:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1.6 FI (need engine)

By the way, I'm in Grand Forks North Dakota (obviously without a running vehicle), which will affect my ability to get the engine here.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2000, 04:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Shawn, I just picked up an '88 Samurai for parts. The odometer shows approx. 130,000 km. I'm in Winnipeg, which is a quick 1 1/2 hour drive away.
I know it's not a brand new motor or a fresh rebuild, but you can have it for cheap and it will soon be in your truck for your 800 mile move. Also consider the US/Canada exchange rate. Send me a private message if you are interested.
Boy I feel like Glenn.....sell, sell, sell)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2000, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Using the 1.6 8 valve engine is a drop in replacement for yours with an engine kit. You usae your existing clutch, exhaust, and injection unit and just slap them onto the 1.6 block. Make sure its an 8 valve engine. Get a 16 valve and you'll have to also obtain the 16 valve harness and computer and splice them into your harness.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode