HardTop Help needed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2000, 08:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

HardTop Help needed

Hi guys, greetings from England!

My girlfriend has a Suzuki Vitara, and has just purchased a second-hand Proform ProTop (May 1991) to protect her lovely big dog from our nasty weather.... only trouble is, she's 150 miles away, and is in a desperate state trying to figure out how this thing fits on her machine in place of the scruffy soft top (with rubbish broken zip)...

Any ideas as to where I could search for a diagram?
She reckons it looks like she'll have to screw some parts on to the bodywork, but doesn't want to drill a hole in the wrong place!

If you can help, I could fax the picture to her, way off in the deepest English countryside

PLEEZ HELP! all suggestions gratefully received,

desperate in London
Nick
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2000, 08:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: HardTop Help needed

Hello Nick,
I have a 1992 Sidekick w/ a 2-piece removeable hardtop, although it was manufactured here in the US. Not certain if yours attaches exactly the same way, but mine uses the stock front clamps from the soft top over the windshield & you must drill 6 places to fasten clamps for the rest of the top. I sat the top on, pressed against it to compress the weatherstripping, and marked where to drill for the sheetmetal screws. Of course you won't get them in the perfect pace, but the clamps are adjustable & mine worked out fine. I Love my top-- it keeps me warm in the Winter & holds in my AC in the sweltering Summer, plus adds security. Also it's very quiet & doesn't flap away at 120 kmh! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If you think it would help, I can snap a couple of digital pics for you.

Regards from Dixie,
Tim Justice [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode