Carb help/advice needed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 10:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Carb help/advice needed

Vehicle = 88 Suzuki Samurai (Throttle body injected)

I am having problems with the idle up acutator. It seems very intermittent. The problem is it is entending and pushing on the throttle lever even when no load is being applied (i.e lights, heater, etc.). This results in high idle almost all of the time. Can someone tell me how to troubleshoot this.

THanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 11:43 AM

Re: Carb help/advice needed

I had the same problem, just disconnect the vacuum hose from the actuator. I really can't tell the difference. If you have A/C you may want to bump up your idle speed a little. I've been running mine this way for over 3 years. Did you swap a TBI engine in your Zuk?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 06:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No I didn't swap the TBI. I believe that my ZUke is an 88.5 but could be wrong. What year has the Throttle Body injection. Is it the 88 or 89. The manufactuers plater on the side of the dash indicates that the vehicle was made dec. 87.

You tell me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 08:35 PM

I don't think TBI started until late '89 or early '90. If your Zuk was made in Dec. '87, I would say it's an '88. Some simple ways to tell an '88 and '88.5 apart----- '88 has round dash vents, '88.5 has square dash vents, '88 sway bar mounts inside the springs, '88.5 sway bar mounts outside the springs, '88 has a 3 spoke steering wheel, '88.5 has a 4 spoke steering wheel. So what did you decide about the idle up actuator?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2000, 09:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know yet. I thought I would put it up on the board and see if anyone could help me. So far I have been told very little if anything at all. I tested one phase and need to do another the problem is that I can't get the TWSV unpluged to test the voltage across it. It has some strange sort ofclamping mechanism.
Anyways the problem is still there...

Any ideas?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2000, 09:19 AM
Can't Get Enough

From the production date it sounds like you have an early 1988 model that has had a fuel injected engine transplanted or has been upgraded to EFI. I have an early 1988 with a late 1987 production date and a 1987 with an early 1987 production date and a 1988.5 with a March 1988 production date. The first year for fuel injection was the 1990 year model.

Brown 29
88.5 Samurai Hardtop
87 Samurai Convertible
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2000, 07:09 PM
zukikid

the twsv plug should be clipped in by a box shaped c clip that wraps around the out side of the plug.on the underside the metal around the plug comes to a meeting place so if you pop one side of the clip up you should be able to get the plug off to test it .
zukikid

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2000, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like your computer is not getting the signal check all wires to the computer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode