Hollister Hills SVRA (California) June 6-8 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 09:20 PM
zukiman

Hollister Hills SVRA (California) June 6-8

It's time for our annual trip to Hollister, and as in the past, we'll be there the weekend right after Four Wheeler Magazine's Top Truck Challenge, June 6-8. You can bet the obstacles will be at their worst (best)!

This trip is open to anyone who'd like to join us. It doesn't matter if you have a Samurai, Sidekick, or non-Suzuki vehicle. And it doesn't matter if your rig is highly modified (can you say "Tank Trap," "Hill Climb," and "Mini-Rubicon?"), bone-stock (plenty of trails are designed for more modest rigs), or even 2-wheel-drive; you WILL have fun, I guarantee it! Here are a few photos from last year:

Here's part of our group:

Here's me:

Here's our buddy Adam:

Chance had lots of fun:

And we can't forget about Fugly:

As usual, we'll be staying at Sycamore Camp, which is basically in from the 4x4 park entrance gate, and stay to your left and you'll roll right into camp. There's room for tow vehicles, trailers, and RVs, but since we're in the trees it may take some 900-point-turns to get a big vehicle turned around. There are toilets, drinking water, and picnic benches. Bring a tent and supplies. Although we'll be close to town, it's better if you don't have to waste all that time driving back in to Hollister for supplies. Hopefully we won't have a run-in at night with the local wildlife (oink!) like we did last year. If we do, I'm planning on having fresh bacon for breakfast. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Park entrance fees are (if I remember correctly) $4/day if you're just there for the day, or $6/day if you're staying overnight. If you can, bring some firewood for the campfire!

For more information, check out this site and this site. For those of you who don't know where Hollister is located, here's a map that might help:

I don't know yet who exactly is going to be there, but I hear that several of our "regulars," including Paul Easley in his new monster Samurai (the word is it's riding on 38's!) will be making it. And there's no better time to go to Hollister than when it's set up for the Top Truck Challengers. I hope to see y'all there. Go head and email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

-- Geoff Beasley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 10:19 PM

Re: Hollister Hills SVRA (California) June 6-8

well my group cant think of anything we would rather be doing just got to see if everyone can get the time off from work man i need to get those gears in soon i picked up the 4.57 yukons but got to get them installed
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 04:40 PM
zukiman

Hi Tony,

I saw that Carl sent out the word on this trip to the Lost Coast 4x4's. Do you know if anyone plans to head down from your neck of the woods? I'm not sure if I'll actually be bringing my Zuk this time, I may just ride shotgun with Adam and be official photographer and ballast.

I'm really looking forward to this trip and I can't wait to see everyone again. I want to see all the new mods you've done to your Samurai since last year!

-- Geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 06:19 PM

i sent it to him but i never got an email saying he sent it out i realy wont know if anyone is going to go most rigs that atend the runs anymore wouldnt survive the trip most are slightly modified or stock i will probably miss the lc4x4 run for this month so i wont be able to ask i do know right now carls rig is down he is installing a nv4500
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Rotozuk

Hey all, I plan to attend, but there is a small chance I will have the Zuk pulled apart for some fresh upgrades. Time will tell.

If I do make it, I think a little drag racing with Paul is going to be in order. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That is if i can kick this damn sickness that has had me down!

I'll be coming up from Southern California, so if any others want to join for the drive up.. let me know.

These Hollister trips are always a blast!

-Wayne
p.s. Should i advertise this on Pirate and Topica?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 11:35 PM
zukiman

Hey Wayne,

It would be great if you can make it! Go ahead and pass on the word to any forum you want. As you know, we always welcome anyone and any rig, but Suzukis are obviously preferred.

-- Geoff
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 09:41 AM

i am still waiting to see if i will have the time off but i do have another local that is planning on going he is spua with rears up front 29x11.5 super swamper ssr's and a rear locker
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Rotozuk

Sounds like we will have a pretty good turnout. I'm planning to drag along atleast 2, probably more Zuks up from the L.A. area. Sounds like a few from Pirate will be showing... Who else?

See you there,

-Wayne
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 12:37 AM
zukiman

I've been contacted by a few people privately who'll be joining our group at Hollister. I think we're going to be having a pretty good turnout!

-- Geoff
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Rotozuk

We should try an put together a list of people and vehicles.. give an idea of how much food Paul needs to bring. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nah, sound like to much work..!

-Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode