Need to set off LOTS of steam.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Need to set off LOTS of steam....

Ok so Im on my way down to central florida Hooters meet today, started around 1 o clock, Im driving along happily when my T case's whine got really loud, made me un comfortable but I continued on my way, or SO I thought I would. all of a sudden BAM! and I come to a very rough vibrating stop, Im thinking something exploded! I get out look under zuk and I get this strong whiff of burn smell, I think since my clutch is shot that I just fried it or something in the trany, then I realize the gear oil comming out of my transfer case, I grenaded it ( I did a run like 3 days ago). So Im like ok now Im 45 minutes from home and gotta get towed or go home get another T case then come back. So I walk to call a buddy to come rope me up to take me back, luckily I found a buddy willing to help, I walk all the way back out to my truck to find a State Trooper ( [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]), So Im thinkin ok he is just making sure everything is ok, then he starts writing. Turns out Im getting a ticket for not having a front bumper, front blinkers, and not to state the fact of sitting there for 20 minutes to show the guy EVERYTHING worked. Then he tries to imply that he is gonna make me pay for a tow truck so I can get it off HIS highway, I proceed very politely to tell him I have a friend comming and he is already on his way, that took another 30 minutes to convince the trooper NOT to call the tow truck!! So my buddy shows and it turns out with the rope he has we would have been better off with sewing string. But we made do, I dropped the rear driveshaft and got back home and spent the rest of my evenning cleanning gear oil out from under my truck, and putting another t case in there. the tickets were each 20 dollars so thats bad and good, Im very upset with my zuk right now, I planned on not taking it, but thought I would make just as much of a scene as everyone else [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 09:46 PM

Re: Need to set off LOTS of steam....

Sounds like you should be mad at the cop and not the Zuke. Usually hard nosed cops like that have a miserable life, and they are trying to pay back the world for their own anal retentivness. Case in piont is my ex next door neighbor. He was such a pr!ck that his wife finally got fed up and split with his youngest son for parts unknown, His oldest son died of an overdose and his daughter is selling her @ss on Hollywood Blvd. to support her habit. When the Chineese invaded the city we live in, he had such a resentment tward them that he became a legend. Fast forward to the day the city got it's first Chineese mayor. To put it bluntly he was informed by the mayors office that his services were no longer requird by the city of Monterey Park. The reduction of income forced him to sell his home, and the last I heard he was working as a security guard at some shopping mall.
Moral of the story is "What goes around comes around." That I know for a fact. In my 60 years on this planet I have seen it happen more than once.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Re: Need to set off LOTS of steam....

honestly, Im surprized I kept my cool under the situation of being truckless away from home. He was a younger guy to, fooled the [bleep] outta me cause I was trying to joke with him and be cool, but he just took his job way to seriously. Besides all this, I hope it was a great meet, I cant believe my zuk took a dump on me, she has never let me down, next time its a trailer queen for a day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode