Shackle reverse installation woes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2000, 06:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shackle reverse installation woes

I read almost every post in this forum, or at least into late last year. I checked other sites in order to make at least a partial educated guess as to the suspension upgrade to use. Right or wrong I'm past that point and am now in the middle of the really hard part, installation. I ended up having to use an air chisle to cut off the bolt on one of the rear hangers and thought that would be the worse. But no, I'm at a standstill because I cannot make the springs line up with the hardware of the front hanger in order to attach it. I can get it close, but this isn't horseshoes. I've tried jacking up the boxy, and the axle. Any idea's as to the best course of action here? Any and all Ideas would be appreciated.

Glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2000, 06:44 PM

Re: Shackle reverse installation woes

What kind of shackle reverse are you installing?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2000, 06:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just went through the same problems putting a 5.5 shackle reversal on top of a spoa,my mind has a tendency to leave me from time to time and I fought to get the springs to line up until I realized that the rear of the front springs do not connect to the stock mounts without using the drop mount in the kit.After I installed them the way there supposed to be everything went together great.

Drive it like you stole it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2000, 12:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm installing a Calimi kit. The problem seems to be that the springs are not positioned correctly from front to rear. I don't know how much more work it will be but am concidering releasing the spring from the axle, connecting the shackles then clamping the spring back onto the axle. Seems like a lot ow work and I'm not sure if this would effect the ride either.

Glen
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2000, 02:39 PM

That's the way I installed my SR. It is not that much work ( maybe an hour all total, less if you have air tools). It will not effect the ride any at all. I would snug the u-bolts, then put the wheels on the ground and torque them to spec.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode