Power! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 12:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Power!

I know that almost everyone is going to read this just because the title has "Power," so hopefully I will get some good responses. First of all while pondering about my sammy the other day, I do that quite often, I was wondering how difficult it would be to install some sort of fuel injected 6 cyl. in a sammy, (89 newer). Does anyone here know of anyone who has tried this? I may have no clue as to how you would go about this but plan on trying an upgrade of some kind.

Kid Zuk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 02:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Power!

For your 1.3 L engine, you can put a Thorley Header, MSD Ignition, Isky Cam, K&N Filter, 2'' free flowing exhaust and a carb that works better than your stock one. And if you are running bigger tires than the stock ones, change your gears if you did not (see Petroworks for reference). You also can put a 1.6 L engine in from a Sidekick/Tracker and they sell adaptors to make that fit for the Samuarai. And put all the performance parts in what I said before in a 1.6 L engine, and I think you might see some performance gains =). Calmini sells a lot of engine peformance parts for the Sidekick/Tracker.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 09:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

6cyl engine are too heavy. You have to figure you'll also be swapping in the transmission from the donor vehicle and possibly the tcase as well. A few hundred extra pbs will squash your Samurai suspension and put alot of stress on the lightweight frame.

Power? I just got my VW Turbo diesel in and its got power to spare. Towed a trailer behind our Zuk uphill into the wind from Houston to Utah and never had to leave 5th gear. I was begging for a 6th gear since I had so much power leftover. Talk about power.....

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 10:18 AM

Tell us about the diesel conversion Glenn. Hard, easy, pain in the butt. Tell us more please!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 12:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glen? was:[Re: Power!]

Hmm, the GM 4.3L V6 conversion is too heavy?

jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250

'87 Samurai Stock (for now)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you really want FI v6 engine then I think the 4.3L Lightning conversions kit would be the way to go. But you will be changing axles, driveshafts tranny. I suppose if you really need 200hp in your sammy this would be the best way to do it. But do you really need it?
Good Luck

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode