CJ Springs in rear - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CJ Springs in rear

I did a search couldn't find what I needed to know. Still working on my 2.7 swap. Decited to go SOA with rears up front and cj's rear. My question is I'll be running 1 1/2" rancho sammy rears up front will I need to buy 1 1/2" front cj's for the rear to be level?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 07:03 PM

Re: CJ Springs in rear

Depends on how you build your rear spring pack for the front. I'd use the three mains from the rear pack with the two bottom leaves from a front pack. CJ's work fine in the rear (that's what I have), but if I did it over I'd just go with YJ's and be done with it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 07:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe I should ask the question this way. Does anybody know if with stock rear springs on front and stock front cj springs on rear ( with everthing else being stock )if the samurai sits level? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 07:37 PM
pugrocker

That is the setup that I am running now and my truck sits level (BTW - I am SPOA as well).....Front CJ springs in the rear with the Samurai overload leaf & TT 1-3/4" extended shackles.

In the front I run Samurai rear springs less the overload with the two bottom leafs from the the stock front Samurai pack with TT M/Ls (3/4" shackles). It rides nice on the road and flexes really well - it is a nice compromise between daily driver and flexy suspension.....no major body roll, brake dive or spooky handling.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 07:46 PM
pugrocker

Here is a picture I took a few months back right after I lifted it and slapped on the wheels and tires (still had no bumpers, shocks, etc.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1098274-lift3.jpg (31.3 KB, 3 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 08:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats what I needed to know. Your sammy looks pretty level, nice looking unit. Thanks pugrocker
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 08:49 PM
pugrocker

I would also recommend that you speak with Brent at Trail Tough - he can get you setup properly with some really nice and beefy parts - additionally he ships fast and offers industry leading tech support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode