Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   Daily driver (shocks) (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/164026-daily-driver-shocks.html)

slugbutt 05-08-2003 01:56 PM

Daily driver (shocks)

My Samurai is a daily driver and I would like to smooth out the ride. Anybody got any suggestions on shocks?

I do not take it off road and if I do it is not on any rough trails.

Thanks for the help.

Marc [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]

blue_zuk 05-08-2003 02:03 PM

Re: Daily driver (shocks)

the red ryder shocks sold at a lot of parts stores are very smooth riding shocks. even better is they are usually dirt cheap. i have seen them as cheap as $9.99 on sale.

billybob 05-08-2003 07:14 PM

Heya Sluggo

Are you running stock suspension set-up? If so, there isn't much that'll smooth out that ride... kinda bounces like a buckboard.... key word, buck...

Goin spring over will alleviate most of the buck...

Good Luck

pugrocker 05-08-2003 07:29 PM

in my opinion a samurai will never really ride smooth - afterall it is a short wheelbase, solid axle vehicle with leaf springs. but by adding quality, really soft valved shocks like the D-Tech 3000s and slightly longer shackles (3/4") the ride quality should improve somewhat.

HTH [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

slugbutt 05-08-2003 09:49 PM

hanks for the replies. I know that a Samurai will never ride as smooth as say a BMW. That is not what I am loking for. It is just that my shocks are going to need to be replaced soon and I was looking for something that would help just a little.

Thanks again,

Marc

PS- I am runnig a stoch supension. Maybe I will go spring over one day, but that will be off in the future. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

slozuki 05-09-2003 05:09 AM

slugbutt, I too am looking to soften the ride up a little. although, I'm running the calmini shocks and shackle reverse, I'll probably order softer shocks for it this weekend. One thing I did definately helped out though, I replaced the factory seats with ones out of a geo storm. it took quite a bit of fab work but it made a noticeable difference. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

YOTA 05-09-2003 08:49 AM

What ever you do dont buy rancho 5000's, your better off not runing anything. I just bought some trailmaster SSV. What a diff. I would highly recomend the trailmasters.