Help Me out here - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 03:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help Me out here

Hey Guys,
I am new around here and I would just like to say hello. I am going to be 16 in june and I was going to buy a full size chevy from a guy down the street then, I saw the Samurai's. These little things are cool. I was at www.petroworks.com and I was looking at the stuff that they had for the samurai, and nowI defentily have to get one. But I have a couple of questions. If I get the spring over axle kit, how big of wheels could I use? And also, are the body lift kits hard to put on? And do I have to extend the linkage if I lift the body? And can you guys tell me anything else that I could do to these?? Please and tell me about your Samurais.
Thanks,
Chris Brown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Help Me out here

Chris,
Welcome to the world of the Samurai [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They are very versatile trucks and can be modified on a budget. You can go to: http://www.izook.com and check out the reader's rigs section to get ideas on what people do to their Samurai's. They started making Samurai's fuel injected at the end of 1989 (or so) until 1995-- if you could get one of these you would be a step ahead of the crowd. Other than that, just remember that when you increase tire size, you MUST change the gearing to compensate. Most people start throwing $100 bills at the engine with performance modifications, but in the end you will still be buying gears to make things right. But enough preaching-- the sooner you get yo one, the sooner you'll be <font color=purple>Wheelin'</font color=purple>!

Regards,
Tim Justice
[email protected]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 06:31 PM

I'd stay away from any body lift over 1" or else you'll run into complications.
With a SPOA and a 1" body lift you should be able to run 31x10.5 tires no problem.Use 15x7 wheels with minimal back space (3.5") or else the front tires will rub on the springs.I agree with the above post on gearing.The best way to
correct for the 31's is with the GRSII transfer case.I know they're expensive
but it's one of the most important mods you can make to a Sami.After that a rear
locker should be added.
Check out the IZOOK and Off Road Com Sazuki websites for modification ideas.
The sky and your pocket book is the limit.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 07:01 PM
SRN

Well, being 17 my self, and having been obsessed with Samurais since I was 7! I would like to say that you wont regret buying one! With an SPOA you should be able to fit 35 inch tires under it. And as for body lifts, Im really not sure. I wouldnt think that they would be that hard to do.
Well, other things to do... ;-)
Grear Reduction Systems, Lockers, Bumpers, engien upgrades. Theres so much that I cant list 'em all. Check out the links section on my site and all the sites there have mods you can do.
As fo my Sami. The "Simple Sami MK2" all it has is a 1 1/4" shackle lift, 235 75 R15 BF Goodrich Radial All-Terrain Tires and on April 5th it will also have a LockRight locker in the rear diff.

SRN
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
Zukinet
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 12:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Samuria is an ATV that you can drive on road & off road they
ability to out turn out maneuver any current market 4X4 these
machines get as wild as want and they can kick your butt.
Sam is 2093lbs. light weight power house so Be careful.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 07:01 AM
mike shannon

with a 5.5spoa you can fit 31x10.5 on 15x8 but watch the lower front bumper it may cut your new tires real quick.i am running 32x11.5 on 15x10 rims off a old bronco i had, it will pinch at full flex on the bottom of the wheel well at the back, make sure you bend the sheet metal flange where the seems meet.and you will have to ditch the front bumper. as far as the 35 forget it unless you are a real good welder,fabricator.i am trying to fit a set of 35x14.5 thornbirds on a zook now looks like the best way is starting off with a axle swap. i no of no kits to fit them on there. good luck mike

87,88.5 spoa,32.5x11.5 5.12 f&r and the rx7 motor is at the shop hope to get it in soon.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've had spoa on 2" body lifts running 35" supers,I've raced 33" supers on the stock springs with a homemade 2" body lift w/xtended shackles from jc whitney,and caught big air 10-12' everything is still perfect.The big question are you one to spend to say you spent? Or do you look for the alternate route?Like anything else you can dump a fortune in it and have less than a few minor adjustments.I'm building another racer now and a 86 hardtop on spoa 5.5 shackle reversal w/ 2" body lift sitting on 38" supers,almost everything I do is homemade if you do research you'll find cheaper and better ways good luck and if I can help drop me a line. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!

Drive it like you stole it!!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 11:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 31x10.50x15's on my zuk in spoa config. no rub. definitely ditch the bumpers, they are only molded pop cans, Gears, the most important. Body lift is not the best way to gain height, but is a cheap way. Missing links with the YJ SPOA is the way to go if you want to run 33's and have ultimate flex.
HTH
Jerod Gersch

87 Zukiester
SPOA, 5.12's, GRS1
Custom bumper
Many Extras
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2000, 08:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

If you do a 5.5" SPOA and a 3" body lift with 1" longer shackles with lifted springs you can fit a nice size tires under the sami, but watch out for spring wrap if you get into rockcrawling. I have a custom 5.5" SPOA and longer shackles with a 3" body lift and I can fit my 36" TSL's under the Sami. Not a daily driver but can do some damage on the trail. The only thing with any tires over 33" on a Sami is the width problem and your engine will feel very under powered, that is why I'm going with a front and rear Dana 44 off a Jeep Waggneer and a 4.3L Vortec V-6.
Just my two cents...

Brian Conrad [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode