Off Roading Forums banner

End Oil Leaks---------maybe?

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JimC 
#1 ·
One of my mechanics recommended I try this product in my 81 Jimmy to slow down the oil leak through the rear main seal. It leaks out almost as fast as you put it in.

I put it in and the leak is almost completely gone. I have tried it in my daughters Honda and it has worked well there also. I went to the parts store to ask about the product. I was told that, "If it can be fixed chemically, this will do it".

The product is called: AT-205 RE-SEAL
it is made by ATP, Inc. ATP, Inc.

They claim that it can be used in "any fluid system" with seals.

Some would say that brake fluid would do the same thing, but this is not brake fluid. The label says it is non-toxic and brake fluid is toxic.

I don't make any guarranties about this, but it might help some of you.

Good Luck,

Jim

See less See more
G
#2 ·
It might help temporarily, but won't solve the problem - Bad seal.

Usually the seals go bad because age and slop in the crank bearings allows the crank to move more causing wear and tear on the seal.

A bad rear main seal usually means it's time to go through the bottom end. (Rings, bearings, oil pump,etc)

#4 ·
For one thing , most oil leaks are caused by crankcase pressure from the pcv not working correctly . Change that first , then go from there . Most of the engine seals aren't hard to replace , but you should use oem seals , the aftermarket ones just don't cut it .
Sarge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.