2" Shackle Reversal and ARB Bullbar - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 09:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2\" Shackle Reversal and ARB Bullbar

Does the Calmini 2" Shackle Reversal Kit work with the ARB bullbar?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 11:59 AM

Re: 2\" Shackle Reversal and ARB Bullbar

From what I hear the ARB bumper and the Calmini shackle reverse will not work together.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 08:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

To use a shackle reverse with the ARB you will have to use the Warrior S/R kit which we carry. Its not a silly bolt on system. The warrior kit welds into place which makes it a much stronger, safer, and superior system anyway. It will work with any stock or aftermarket bumper system.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2000, 08:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dear Glenn, I am the owner of a 89 YJ. I however have many friends with Samurai's, so I often view this BBS. I'm glad I did. I was on the verge (before you warned me) of purchasing a "silly bolt-on shackle reverse", coincidentally, from your company. So, now that I know better, I guess I have two options. First, I can buy a weld-on Warn Black Diamond, or; Second, wait for yall at Rocky Road to produce a cheap rip-off (much like the "silly bolt-on" yall had for Samurai's before Calmini found out) Anyway, thanks again.

~James
There's only one.
(Jeep, not James)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We never produced and will never produce a bolton shackle reversal kit for Samurais. They reduce clearance too much and are too dangerous. I would never open my company up to such liability much less put one on a vehicle I have to drive my family around in. If its a bolton kit for Samurais that you're thinking of, then its not our company.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2000, 05:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, Glenn, I'm gonna have to pull out the "bull%&$#" card on that one. A friend of mine (who owns a Samurai) has the catolouge with the item in question in it. No doubt, sold under the "Summit Off-road" name. If you would like a copy, I'm sure I could dig it up, and post it. Anyway, have a good day, and by the way, on your Web page, Karma is spelled with a "K" not a "C". Look it up.

~James
There's only one.
(Jeep, not James)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2000, 06:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

In the words of one beaten-up brother, "Can't we all just get along?"

Spread good Karma

Yankee Tim

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 03:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not to Start a " I can't see your face internet brawl" but Jimmy, that kit happened to be a Warrior kit, which has been around forever and has been prooven to work, and yes, I have the ad in front of me, its says right in it, Warrior Shackle reversal......just figured I would clear that up....

Sky.
85 ext cab, camo, flatbed, external cage, 1/4 elliptic, locked, swampers, air, etc.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2000, 06:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, not to incite the brawl, but I am under the impression that (correct me if I am wrong) the Warrior kit is not bolt-on. So, I am obviously not speaking of said kit. The one previously sold by Mr. Wakefield is. And don't tell me that you can weld a bolt-on. Bolt-on is bolt-on.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2000, 08:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dear Jimmy James
I don't think this is the forum for bashing on one of the most helpfull and informed zook legends around. If you had helped as many people as Glen has then maybe you would have some sought of credibility, but as it stands you are just a smart arse. In my opinion Glen goes out of his way to help all us zook owners and would be a huge loss if he decided to stop posting due to your kind of negative abuse. Don't listen to the wanker Glen your a legend even the zook community down under in Australia.

You have to learn to walk before you can crawl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode