GRS II gearing - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 01:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

GRS II gearing

This question is for those of you who have installed the GRS II. If I install the GRSII and add 31's will my sammy feel more peppy than it does now?(It's mostly stock with 205's) What kind of top speed are we talking with the GRS II? If it will allow me to do 70 on the freeway and not kill my engine running 31's then I am sold on the idea. If this is the case I will keep my 1.3 until it violently erupts (it's running pretty well right now) and then invest in a 1.6 or maybe even by that time someone will have developed a Vitara V6 swap. Give me some feedback. I appreciate anyones input.

Remember the first rule in the Mountain Man Handbook: It's a long way to the hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 06:52 AM

Re: GRS II gearing

A ZUK doing 70mph thats a good one!! Maybe with the wind at you back on a downhill slope. The GRSII mainly helps across the board when you put 31's on. When I did my SPOA and stuck 31's on it was pretty sluggish. To compensate I needed to regear the pumpkins cause I was burning up my clutch. Talk to a few people and PetroWorks and they said the GRSII would fix that and would be just a little more expensive then the regear but I could do it myself. Since then I can get to about 60-65 on a good day in my ZUK. But it definetly crawls along on the trails. Worth every penny.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: GRS II gearing

Grasshoppa you are thinking now [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
If you think about your hypothetical situation in percentage terms, I think we all agree in stock form the Samurai could use a little more gear. Going from stock tires to 31's will be an increase of ~13-15%. The GRS II will increase your gearing by 18%. So your have a net gain in gearing which is what you needed even stock.
As for the top speed thing, I've never had your exact combo-- I'm usually calculating for how slow I can go [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But using the formula for mph/gear/tires, I come up with ~3800 rpm @ 70 mph which sounds reasonable, depending on how strong your motor is. I agree that a call to Gary & Rudy at Petroworks is in order.

Regards,
Tim J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode