Camber, Caster adjustment. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Camber, Caster adjustment.

Since I put 2 1/2" longer shakles on my Sami I am concerned about the caster, camber angles of my front end. My factory manuals only say under adjustments to make sure there is no wear or damage to the front end before adjusting, but does not give even a clue as to how. It tells you how to adjust the toe in and toe out. I guess if I crawl under it tommorrow I can figure it out but if someone out there has the correct method please let me know.
Later ...Harry...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 12:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Camber, Caster adjustment.

Check out this link on steering
http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/tech/slterm.htm

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 12:15 PM
mike shannon

Re: Camber, Caster adjustment.

THE FRONT END HAS NO ADJUSTMENTS THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS TOE IN. YOU CAN FIX THE CASTER WITH SOME TAPER SHIMS[I WOULD NOT DO THIS] OR ROTATE THE SPRING PERCHES. I NO, A LOT OF CUTTING AND WELDING.THE CAMBER CAN BE CHANGED BY BENDING THE AXLE TUBES,OR SOME MORE CUTTING AND WELDING.YOU MAY JUST WANT TO BUY SOME SPRINGS[THAT WILL PUT IT BACK TO STOCK WITH THE FACTORY SHACKLES] I HADE THREE IN. OVER SHACKLES,GREAT OFF ROAD SCARY AS HELL DOWN THE HIGHWAY MY WIFE REFUSED TO DRIVE IT. GOOD LUCK MIKE

87,88.5 spoa,32.5x11.5 5.12 f&r and the rx7 motor is at the shop hope to get it in soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode