Interesting pic I found - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 02:37 PM
TEX

Interesting pic I found

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 04:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Interesting pic I found

Check out the Unimog in the background. My friends just imported 2 Swiss army Unimog troop carriers and we wheeled them this weekend. They are freakin amazing. Going to take them to Woodpecker this weekend. Plus, a Sammy will fit in the bed of one.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Have you seen a Pinzgauer? They are smaller and as cool as a Unimog. I wish I had the cash to get one of those.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 09:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Intruder, you ever drive one??? They are different. Even contemplated actually selling my zuk to get one. Then I figured, no way, took to long to get my zuk built. Check them out, they are neat....

Later
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2000, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

There's a guy importing and selling them near my house and I went and checked them out. I got to go for a ride and he even took me offroad so I could see how it worked. Approach and departure angles are awesome and the ground clearance is amazing. But I feel the same way as you, I've spent all this money and all these years to get my Zuk the way I like it, so I'm keeping it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2000, 10:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Amen man, I know what you mean. I checked one out on my way to Vegas in January. It was up on rt 93 going NW out of Phoenix. Don't remember what town though. It was neat. Maybe one of those will be my next toy to get???
Who knows.

Later
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2000, 11:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What the heck is a Pinzgauer???? On our way out of Phoenix on US 60 toward Apache Junction we saw some little 6 wheel Unimog looking thing but it seemed to be in 2 pieces, maybe it was a teeny weeny 'mog with a trailer but it it looked like it was built to pivot in the middle. Saw it from the freeway though at about 55mph, so I didn't get a good look. Maybe on our way out this weekend, I 'll get to stop and see it.

Troy

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2000, 12:40 PM

A pinzgauer is an austrian horse. The pinzgauers are built by steyr daimler Puch, an austrian company (which btw. also builds the Merc. Benz G-wagen, which is a troop transporter in the austrian army - no kiddn)

The pinzgauer (3axles) has a smaller brother, the haflinger (named after another austrian horse-breed). Its way SMALLER than a sami, and weighs around 1000lb or so...

When i was in the army, people could do amazing things with them... but they are as expensive as can be, are not economic MPG in the lower tens, but come in a wide range of bodies (ambulance, radio, etc...)

for more info, check out:

http://4wd.sofcom.com/Steyr/Steyr.html

bye, Alfred, austrian, too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode