235 or 215? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

235 or 215?

after doing a little research, i have found not been able to find any mud terrain tires that come in 225/75/R15. i have however discovered that the bridgestone dueler M/T's come in 215 and 235. on a very limited budget (im a college student with a truck payment (tow vehicle)), i am wanting to get more agressive treads than what came on my zuk (walmart street tires). i found some 15X7.5 wheels for almost nothing, and am wanting to mount my new tires on these. what do yall think? how hard is it to fit 235's on the zuk? any and all opinions are appreciated...

Steve
'88 Suzuki Samurai
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 02:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 235 or 215?

I've got 235/70/R15 Mudking tires on my 88 Samurai. I had to install 2 inch lift shackle, beat on the fender lip some (especially behind the tire), and trim the bumper bracket some. And it still rubs a little at times (off-road only.)

But on the other hand it goes just about anywhere (also have a read lock-rite.)

Later...
Keith

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 03:45 PM

I've try 235 mud on stcok rims (5.5) on 7' rims and 8' rims. No problem in the rear . For the front, it's better to buy those unexpensive shackles or build your own. But with just a little trim under the front bumpstop, you can fit with no modification, sometime it will rub off road.

I'm student too in France, and dream of all this so expensive item to fit on my zuk...
I've got 5.5 SPOA, 31x10.5x15 on 8x15 wheels and doetch shocks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 05:19 PM

I'd go with the 235's. Just buy or make some longer shackles for the front, I wouldn't even bother with the rear. Follow the other posts on trimming your fender and bumper. I ran 30 x 9.50's on 15 x7 rims with a 2" longer shackle and fender and bumper trimming, no rubbing.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 11:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

this may be redundant with all the other posts, but go with the 235's. I'm assuming 235/70 or 75's? What are the 215's? I know stock are like 215/60 or something, they look like some kind of low profile performance tire to me. But that extra 20mm width and more importantly the tire height will be more helpful to you.
Good Luck

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 04:55 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Kinda goin' in another direction, but what about 215/85R15's? You can get Buckshot Mudder radials in this size & they'd actually be just a hair taller than 235/75's, but obviously 20mm narrower. Might even fit better with the reduced width. Just something else to ponder.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode