reinforcing frame??.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

reinforcing frame??....

hey gang, I plan extend the front frame to accomodate 52" springs along with the rear, I am cutting out the stock front and rear bar that run inside the frame side to side, what I want to do is run a K- Frame design front and rear to help withstand the V8, but what about the center? Should I reinforce the frame anymore then that? I was considering running angle iron on 2 opposite corners of the frame in as many place as I could put it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Skip

Re: reinforcing frame??....

Sounds to me like you should scrap the sami frame and mount the sami body on a frame designed to handle the torque and weight ov your V8. Otherwise you will constantly be repairing cracks and bends [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Many a V8 has been dropped in a samy frame at this point, Im just doing this for safe keeping, now if I was putting a Bill Borgesson funny car engine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 05:50 PM

52" springs? That's like half the length of the sammy.

If you think about this long enough....you'll think of somthing else to change and maybe scrap that sammy all together.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 08:37 PM

there is no reason yo beef up the frame its made out of 2x4 square tube thats about as stout as you can get so why do something thats just basically over kill as far as streching just 2x4 tubing with gussets works fine heres a pic of my frame streched 15" right in the center of the rear wheel well holds up justy fine ..dont waste time and money if you dont have to you will have to put a cross bar back in though
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Skip

My point is if you're going to try to put in a K crossmember It might be easier to subframe it or go to another complete frame. Besides most V8's have been 350's. Aren't you trying to put in a 455?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

ROFL no 455 a 305...lol, engine is already placed in and everything, Im doing little things now like part time kit to np203 etc... ya I will K frame it to be safe then leave it, I think it will hold up just fine...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 02:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

That 203 case is HUGE! Shoot, it prolly weighs more than the samurai engine, tranny, and transfer case!
3 ppl to remove one from a lifted dodge power wagon!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

I didnt even plan on running it, I looked around jacksonville for 2 weeks or so looking for a np205 to bolt up to a TH350, no dice, well a junkyard had one for 300 dollars not including the assembly, so I bit the bullet and got the np203 for 50 bucks then spent another 50 on the kit to make it part time.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 04:16 PM

studly, i am sure it is too late but you could have your beefy frame, 305 engine, trans, t-case, axles, springs, and exhaust already done if you put your zuk body on an older blazer chassis. around here you could pick up a whole late 70's early 80's rusted out blazer for like $500 and the cheapest ones will even feature a gutless 305 engine like you are trying to put into your zuk now. save your self some work and headaches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode