Just installed a ProTop hardtop on my 93 Tracker - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2000, 12:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just installed a ProTop hardtop on my 93 Tracker

I have ordered many $ worth of items from net vendors (mainly for my Miata) but have never had the experience I had with Protop (Tops 4 Less). I just wanted to share this with ya'll in case you're interested. I ordered late last Sat, on Thursday the guy from Yellow Freight calls and says he'll be here Friday. On Friday he arrives with the top in perfect condition. Keep in mind I ordered with free shipping. It was not the easiest install (comparing to my Miata hardtop that just clamps on). I had to remove the entire soft top frame and replace a few items with the supplied parts. Still no big deal- phillips head is all that is needed. The top fits great and the defogger switch just plugs in (it's a supplied factory part). All in all I think it's a great investment. It's super quiet, allows using the rear cargo area a breeze, and for my Tracker was a perfect color combo - tan outside and grey interior (my Tracker is green with grey interior). Considering it arrived in 5 days with free shipping, no taxes, factory parts and instructions, great fit, rear defroster, glass windows, and is what I was looking for I would give this vendor a thumbs up!

Oh - and thanks to everyone about my (two months ago) question about wheels and tires. The new American Racing AR-63's look stunning! Hope to figure out Off-Road's requirements for pic size and will post.

93 Tracker LSi
In no way affiliated with any vendor or Off-Road.com - just a happy consumer!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2000, 02:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Just installed a ProTop hardtop on my 93 Tracker

Welcome to world of hard tops my 88 suk has a fixed hard top
and it's great for hauling small boats to lake and other stuff.
Winter nice warm inside. Keeps flying mud out and easy clean
and looks good. Summer time off road in baja keep dust out and
stay nice cool inside with A/C.
Best of all it never needs to be replaced...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 05:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Just installed a ProTop hardtop on my 93 Tracker

Yes, at the sale price for beige of $699 including shipping it is a very good deal.

I almost bought it, but in the end sprung for an additional $500 for the one-piece Sport Top, which should be delivered any day now:
http://pages.hotbot.com/biz/sporttops/

My kids insisted on quick switch between hard top and soft top. With the Sport Top, all the hardware, except for the easily-removed and unnecessary middle bow remain in place. You can even leave the soft top attached to the aft bow and stuff it down behind the back seats. It takes less than 5 minutes to switch.

I also liked that you can add 50" roof-rack rails to the Sport Top. The Pro Top comes with an integral rack on the back section, but if you are carrying long stuff (like kayaks or bikes), it is a little too small.

$1200 is a lot of dinero, but not for all this functionality. Apparently, it is pretty cheap compared to what a Mercedes owner has to pay for his similar hard top. I recently priced one for my Mustang convert, and they wanted $1200 just for the unfinished shell, without any glass, hardware or paint!

Ken Cooperstein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode