Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   Ebay Trouble (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/163315-ebay-trouble.html)

nitro92v 05-01-2003 07:34 PM

Ebay Trouble

I was high bidder on a 4-71 blower, so I sent the seller the money through paypal and my credit card. I have'nt heard from the seller in a week, no tracking numbers nothing! This has gone on for two weeks now! My question is, what the heck do I do now? Am I screwed? Or can paypal or my credit card company help me out? Any help would be appreciated. In the interim, the suzuki sits.

Brian [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

mikrosilakhan 05-01-2003 08:58 PM

Re: Ebay Trouble

i belive paypal transactions are insured...... check out the website but hell id track the mutha down and get my money back personal;y along with a few teeth... but then im a vengful mutha to hehe [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]

nitro92v 05-01-2003 09:03 PM

I appreciate the info. If paypal can't help, I will track the S.O.B down! I lost some serious money! Stupid me!

Brian [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]

78mphgpr 05-01-2003 09:22 PM

Call your cc company and cancel the transaction. You will have to fill out a small form, but it is no big deal.

AZtoyguy !! 05-01-2003 09:33 PM

CAll the creditcard company and cancel NOW. Paypal will be no help at all, you'll get a runaround. I almost lost $2200 using paypal. Don't wait. If the seller is legit (doubtful) he'll get back in contact. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

CTBrent 05-01-2003 11:56 PM

I am not a fan at all of paypal... I got screwed out of a few hundred dollars because of scammers. Not once but twice. They were no help at all either. Go with the credit card company first, they'll take care of the rest.

GRW 05-02-2003 12:57 AM

Had close to to the same problem. Called the CC company, they had me fill out a form. Pay Pal was upset cause the CC company told them to take a hike (but they would do NOTHING). When it was all said and done this person was trying to double dip. They had shipped the item that was DAMAGED, so when we called the shipping company they would get the cash for the item. Plus they had our money. By the time we got done talking to the shipping company and the CC had talked to the shipping company this person ended up in trouble. The shipping company and the CC were after them. Not sure what happend, but we never saw a bill from the CC. Pay Pal still has our account locked up, but I don't give a darn. I still have my money [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ProjectTwin 05-02-2003 02:43 AM

Regarding paypal...

Visit paypalsucks.com

An engineer buddy of mine had his account FROZEN by paypal. Thousands of dollars, frozen. Paypal tried to strong-arm him into giving more information.

He's a tier one customer too!

Never keep more money in paypal than you're willing to lose.

AZtoyguy !! 05-02-2003 06:12 AM

BTW....Paypal is owned by EBAY....go figure [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

nitro92v 05-02-2003 07:01 AM

Thanks guy's! that is the information I was needing, Not that it really matters, but at least I am not the only one, that got screwed. Oh well, no more E-bay for me.

Brian