Need quick Lockright and 3rd F/R swap help... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 04:16 PM
BoOstedZooK

Need quick Lockright and 3rd F/R swap help...

I tried searching but I need definate answers and rather quickly since its about to rain soon and I need to figure out if I should stop with the project or to try to get it torn down completely and get the parts in the garage.

I want to swap the lock right thats in my rear axle into my front axle and I am going to weld the rear. Luckily I just read that the 3rds wont swap out due to spline differences.
Can I swap just the lockright into the front axle and just the spider gears into the rear axle? Also is there anything I need to do before trying to remove the lockright? Ive never delt with one before but do remember my friends detroit in his 14 bolt needed to have a bolt ran through it so it didnt explode everywhere.

Thanks,
Ryan

Also is there any difference in front wheel bearings from the different years of zook's? Im not sure what year my front axle is since it was swapped in to make my 2wd a 4x4.
I need to know what year to tell them at the parts store, mine is a 91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Need quick Lockright and 3rd F/R swap help...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Can I swap just the lockright into the front axle

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as your locker is the 1510, without the side couplers, and is a pre-90(I believe thats the year they switched to a different carrier)

just the spider gears into the rear axle?

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as its once again a pre-90, the spider gears will be ok(guess ya threw your old ones out?

detroit in his 14 bolt needed to have a bolt ran through it so it didnt explode everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Completly different type of locker
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 05:18 PM
BoOstedZooK

Re: Need quick Lockright and 3rd F/R swap help...

I actually didnt do any of it, I bought it with all this done. Im positive the rear axle is a 91 but im not sure what year the front axle is (the 91 was a 2wd). No idea about having couplers or not. I guess I'll have to tear it down and see what I got.

Thanks,
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode