4.3 liter conversion anyone ever done one? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4.3 liter conversion anyone ever done one?

found one cheaper than i can get a 1.6 for so im thinking about getting it need all possible info about the pros and cons, and what to and not to look for

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 09:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4.3 liter conversion anyone ever done one?

One thing to think about. You mentioned the 4.3 engine to be cheaper. You also need to take into account all the other stuff you will need to get done with the 4.3 that isn't needed with the 1.6 swap.
The 4.3 will need a something like a th350 tranny, you need to rig up a new cooling sytem because there is no way the suzuki radiator is gonna work. New motor mounts, Also the 4.3 requires some kind of extra lift. I think with the 1.6 you can get away with a simple 2 inch body lift, maybe even a small shackle lift (not positive though) With th 4.3 I believe you will probably need at least a 3 inch spring lift, or possibly SPOA for oil pan clearnace. I'm really not sure about that though. I don't know if frame reinforcement is an issue or not. What kind of fuel delivery system would you use with the 4.3? Tuned port or carbed? Also you probably will want to end up beefing up your axles with a 200hp 4.3. Either keep the Suzuki axles and beef them up with the many options front and rear, or swap the axles for some beefier unit. Although this isn't absolutely necesary.
www.ishopper.com/suzukiconver
That website is Lighting conversions, they started the 4.3 swap stuff, they sell a basic kit for 900 some bucks, I think everything that you will need will cost a good $2000 however.
If you can afford it I think it would be an aweome swap, otherwise if your 1.3 is on it's last legs I would suggest the more economical 1.6. 1.6 you are looking at maybe 500bucks max not including engine.
Good Luck

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 12:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey, I'm doing a 4.3L conversion and if you have the motor all you need is a 3" lift (Recomend a SPOA),
Transfer case bracket $300.00
Cross members 100.00
Frame mounts 150.00
Motor mounts 150.00
Throttle cable 30.00
Shipping costs (to N.C.) 25.00
Total $750.00

If you don't have the engine, it will cost you more. I'm in the process of doing my conversion, I'm going to start on my other Sami soon and will make the frame stronger. I don't think the stock axles will work that well, that's why I'm going with Dana 44's front and rear.

Just my two cents...

Brian Conrad [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the info, what are you doing about headers, radiator,and are there any things i need to look for when doing it

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2000, 09:58 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Years back, I remember a few Sammi's running around with transplanted 3.8 Buick's. This is an even more compact engine than the 4.3 & you might look into the late-model 3800 engines from RWD Camaro's & Firebirds if you'd want to consider this instead. I think they're rated at 205HP & in a car, they provide fantastic performance & mileage. Just another thought on the subject of swaps.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode