Need a new excercise wheel for the squirrel (motor) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2000, 05:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need a new excercise wheel for the squirrel (motor)

Okay, now the knock is SO bad from my (90 sammy) engine I don't dare drive it out of town! It's almost as loud as open pipes, very little power, and not very conservative with the oil. (Although that thick stuff (treatment) seems to help some!) So it's really time to rebuild her. I've looked at remanned engines, and they look great with AMAZING warranties, but I don't think I can justify $1500 for one. I want to just keep the 1.3 I think, to keep costs minimal. I was hoping to find a long block 1.3 that is in reasonable shape, maybe that someone swapped out for a 1.6, or a block and head that I can rebuild. The big problem is I may be moving soon, and that would put a kink in those plans (and force me to trailer my Sammy there.) I'm in Eastern North Dakota (Grand Forks) right now. The biggest dillemma I had when I looked into this a few months ago was getting an engine transported here. The shipping costs equaled the cost of the engine! Anyway, if anyone has a 1.3 hanging around, let me know what shape, the more complete the better, but I'd consider a bare block head to rebuild.
Thanks much
Shawn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2000, 06:02 PM

Re: Need a new excercise wheel for the squirrel (motor)

I just rebuilt my 1.3 and in ran close to 1200.00. I put new pistons, 1 new rod, turned the crank, resurfaced the flywheel,
new clutch,plate,throwout bearing, Isky cam, gasket kit- upper and lower , rods and main bearings. plus new head bolts
and main bearing cap bolts(new bolts are a necessity if this is your first time to rebuild a zuk motor). Went with new water
pump and oil pump. Had the pistons,rods,crank,flywheel with clutch and pressure plate balanced. The head/ valves seemed
to be fine so I lapped them in.
Just wanted to give an idea what a rebuild might run. Good luck with the overhaul

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2000, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need a new excercise wheel for the squirrel (motor)

I have an engine 1.3 , has pistons, water pump and all insides, head w/all valves, never apart. the head has been removed for inspection only, but looks like a good builder. I'd like $100 for it

Also have a 1.3 just taken out of Sam (still running at the time) for a 1.6 swap, needs a head gasket only (leaking small amount of coolant), just reringed less than 3k ago. Ran great, no smoke good compression. oil pan to valve cover. I need $350 for it though

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode