fuel pump - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2000, 12:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

fuel pump

just got my tranny, starter and everything in. i am not getting any gas, so the fuel pump (mechanical) must be out. however, there is a tube on the bottom side of the fuel pump there is no hose to it looks like there should be. is it a vacume line or something that is required to make the fuel pump work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2000, 12:47 PM

Re: fuel pump

Don't plug off that tube. The best of my knowledge when the fuel pump goes bad it will pump oil out of that tube. It has something to do with the diaphragm in the fuel pump. Have you tried removing the inlet hose to the carb to see if it is pumping fuel? Maybe there is some trash between the needle and seat.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2000, 07:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

there is no oil or anything coming from that fitting or anywhere near the pump. i took the inlet hose off at the carb and there is no gas. i tried compressed air thinking maybe there was a clog from the tank to the pump, but nothing still. the zuk had been sitting up for at least 4 years. i sprayed some carb cleaner in the inlet hose to the pump and still no gas. it has a new filter. dont know what the problem is

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2000, 04:04 PM
zukikid

so when you tryed to blow out the fuel line did air come out the other side ?i'm just a little unclear on this .when you changed the fuel filter did it have gas all the way up to the inlet for the filter ? are you sure you have your filter pointing the right way(just narrowing down the possabilitys).
are you shure the push rod that drives the pump from the cam is installed back in place?(once again trying to cover all the bases)was the sammy stored with a full or completly empty tank?if not you might have a tank full of rust or a tank full of old gas that turns in to gel when it sits to long .let me know the answers to these ?'s and i will try to help all i can.zukikid

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2000, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

got it going. i pulled the pump off and cleaned it up. it had alot of crusty stuff in it. slapped it back on and she fired up on the first crank. not bad after sitting up 4 or 5 years. all i need is the rear tranny brace. the one the bolts to the rear cross member. mine is cracked badly. anybody got one?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode