Do not buy from www.tops4less.com - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2000, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do not buy from [url]www.tops4less.com[/url]

Hello, just to remind you all, I ordered four fender flares from www.tops4less because they looked wider and more modern. Well, it appears that they have some type of language problem in getting an order straight. On December 27, I ordered from them. On January 5, the flares came. The screws, instructions, and the rubber trimmings were missing. So, I called them to send me the missing items. On, January 13, the missing items came but I found out from the instructions that I had four flares that were for the rear, none for the front. So, I called them and talked with two different people about sending me the front flares. Today, the flares came and they still did not get the order right. It seems that I got a front flare that is for a Toyota or Nissian. And the other flare looks like it is for the rear of a Samurai. I am upset because these people have some sort of problem on learning and uderstanding how to get a simple order correct. And to make matters worse, time is almost up on returning these items because they allow 30 days and plus the shipping cost that has to be paid by me or them. And if I tell them to send me the front flares again, I do not know what I will get. Maybe they want me to stop bothering them or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2000, 09:53 AM

Re: Do not buy from [url]www.tops4less.com[/url]

I'm sorry to hear about the order problems. But how would you describe the rear flares? How much wider than stock are they? Is the quality
OK?

Thanks,
James H

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is this the company that advertises on ebay all the time? Also where are they located? States or abroad?
Sorry to hear your going through that stuff.

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 11:08 PM
SRN

Too me it looks like the flares are interchangeable with the one kitty corner to it (right rear fits left front and vise versa) I could be wrong, but I might try it anyway.

S<font color=purple>R</font><font color=gray>N
'86 Samurai <font color=purple>"Simple Sami MK2"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2000, 01:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oops, there fault. Anyway, it looks like I was misguided from a person at tops4less. Mike from Tops4less told me that they should look different and fit the Samuari. They have the front ones a certain size and back ones in a certain size. But now, I found out that you have to cut the plastic for it to fit so I was misguided from the Tops4less person. It was not my fault becasue I was mislead. They look awesome for a Samurai. Do you know how the LandRover Defender 90 flares look like? You know the flares are black but the rest of the body is painted. It sort of gives that apperance which is a lot better than the same color flares with the same color body. Well, I think they are wider. I do not know how wider but they like stick out some. I think it is a lot better deal than the Calmini extended flares which cost about $300.00 plus shipping. Tops4Less sells it for $129.00 and that includes shipping.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2000, 10:20 AM

OK, are you saying that they resolved the problem?

thanks,
James H

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2000, 01:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes it is resolved. They are wider than the stock flares. I can take the measurements if you would like to know.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2000, 04:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You know what. One thing bad about the Top4less flares is that it does not cover the whole area where the stock flare was. Like, if you have rust, it might show up. But if I had the choice between the stock flares or the tops4less flares, I would go for the Top4less flares.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode